Can Indian citizen in US on J2 convert visa status to J1 in canada

I am an Indian citizen on J2 visa in US right now. Due to travel restrictions can not fly back. if all documents are ready can I change my status in Canada J2 to J1.


Well-Known Member
You would need to get a J1 visa at a US consulate in Canada in order to enter the US into J1 status.

Alternately, you could do Change of Status to J1 inside the US, though this takes several months.