Can I use one attorney for 140 and another one for 485

helloworld2008

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,

I have been thinking this for a while and I want to see your opinions and answers about the following questions:

1. My employer hired some attorney to apply EB1. They submitted 140 already and they will wait to submit my 485 until my 140 is approved. However, my company might start to lay off people, so I cannot wait any longer and want to file 485 myself. I am not sure if I can hire another attorney to do 485 for me or should I stick with my 140 attorney? I didn't have very good experience with 140 attorney and that is why i want to hire a different one. Any advantage or disadvantage of doing that?

2. My 140 went to TSC but actually where I live should go to NSC. So when I submit 485, which center should I send, TSC or NSC? Which center processes 485 faster?

3. Should I submit 485 only for myself now and wait to submit 485 for my wife after my 140 is approved. My employer will cover her 485 expense if her case is submitted after my 140 approval. But I'm concerned that sometimes 140 and 485 can be approved together. Then my wife cannot turn in her 485 at that time. Is my understanding true?

I know you all have very good and clear understanding for all those tiny matters. I would appreciate it very much if you can share your opinions and answer my questions.

Thanks again.

Service Center is dependent on where you live - immetrial where your I-140 is pending. You don't have a choice of service center besed on processing times. You can file your wife's I-485 anytime (now or later) but please make sure the priority date remains current during the time you expect your I-140. Yes you can have different attorney for different applciations with USCIS.