Can I use my old priority date

sleepy

I have an I140 approved with old employer.I checked it has not been used for labour sub. Its priority date is in May, 2000. I applied for GC again in March 2003. With I-140 approved and I-485 pending. Then I quit my job to care for my son for medical reason. Now my wife has an approved I-140 and pending I485 which the priority date is Nov, 2001. My question is Can I use my old priority date of May, 2000 to speed up the process. All our case except the May, 2000 one are EB3. I currently have a job in similar catagory as my old ones. Thanks in advance.

You should have mentioned ur old PD when u filed/file for new I140. That's what I am learning from this board.

cool_desi_gc said:
The question is - Do we need the consent of our old employer to use the old priority date ?

It is better to have the consent. Otherwise the old employer might cancel the I-140 and you will have to restart the process from the scratch.

docmd said:
Does the system permit using old PD after PERM?

Would that be fair on others?

Fair is in no where in GC process. :mad: Some one gets GC in several months while some others waiting for years and years and get nothing.

Once we have an approved 140, my attorney says that the priority date belongs to you and not to the employer.Is this true ?