Can I use my Grandma's priority date for my I-485?

gcstrat said:
If only the USCIS lets him get married :D

Regards
GCstrat ;)

Oh they WILL let him get married... but JUST prevent him from meeting his wife for ~20-30 years after his marriage

and so he cannot have a kid which means there is no grandson... end of story
NYImmigrant said:
Oh they WILL let him get married... but JUST prevent him from meeting his wife for ~20-30 years after his marriage

Grandkids rock.

Your grand-kid can use your PD.

You can get married and bring your wife on H4 or get her an independent H1. In fact if your wife is on H1 and applies for another GC, you can always transfer the 2nd priority date to the second "priority" Grand Child after 20+ years.

But for your grand-kid to use your PD your labor and I140 needs to be approved. That would take another 20+ years, in the meantime you should maintain proper status. keep your paystubs etc so that you can prove you were on valid H1 status etc - for 20+ years.

:eek: :mad: :eek: :p :cool:

In case you divorce

Also, keep all the right paperwork in case you divorce!!!

Come to think of it, if your spouse is on H-4 and you divorce???? ;)
Not to mention, which grand-kids will benefit??? :confused:

But hey, by the time retrogression date becomes current, your children will be over 21 and hence out of status. :eek:

Darn, they will have to file i245. :D

Regards
GCStrat ;) :D

if your kids file for 245(i), their application will go to backlog processing center and will get stuck there...

May be ur great grand kids will benefit from the DREAM ACT if it ever becomes reality... else they will have to join IV and fight for it

No You can not, I read the Will

No U can not use it... Your Grand Pa has already sold your GrandMa's Priority date to WeBuyLCs.com :p :eek:

But the WILL had a twister

CIRCA 2056

But the WILL had a twister. :D
It allowed the grand-kids to buy-back the PD, as it had correctly speculated that the lawyers of the world will not allow elimination of labor substitution. ;)

In the meantime, (h)IV is now large with 6 million members and counting. However, they still have funding issues. Most of the money it had collected has been sent fighting a lawsuit with "nQGA", a lawsuit filed 50 years ago, after it realized "nQGA" sold its cause to illegal immigrants. :eek: :D

Meanwhile, the Congress in an unprecendented act decides to eliminate all H-1B restrictions (they did so to enhance American Competitiveness, after a report showing US ranked 44 on a comparative study of 45 nations - only UK was ranked lower) and passes by 540:1 a law to further reduce EB based visas. EB based visas now stand at 100,000 per annum for all countries. :D ;)

New York Mercentile Exchange (NYMEX) has which added "approved LCs" as a new commodity just two years back, has just seen the price of LCs reach all time high at $ 111,111 per contract. ;) :D

And history was created in India, when the President, Prime Minister and entire cabinet plus all chief ministers of its 63 states, were all members of the minority community. :eek: ;)

Regards
GCStrat

Update

Update... In the new round of retrogression, the dates have been moved back to July 3, 1776 for all countries. Now u need to apply fresh to british govt.

Immigration Update

NYImmigrant said:
Update... In the new round of retrogression, the dates have been moved back to July 3, 1776 for all countries. Now u need to apply fresh to british govt.

In related news, Senator Dances with Attorney proposed legislation to eliminate the immigration backlog. The proposed legislation is expected to speed up the processing of immigrant petitions filed by the Pilgrims who arrived on the Mayflower.

Why all this trouble

Why all this trouble..

Just get out of USA and get back as Illegal US Immigrant..All your problems solved..

You will be US citizen within 5 years..

Should have same skill set as your grandma ?

I heard that to get your grandma's PD, you should have the same skill set as your grandma. Is it true ? :D :rolleyes: :confused:

Note:The opinions in this post are my own. Consult an experienced lawyer for legal advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is also another problem

CIRCA 2056

Well, you can't use your grandma's PD even if you have the same skill-sets. Why? Because they eliminated that category!!!

There is only category now - no Eb1/ Eb2 or Eb3, etc.:

Country of Origin:

Mexico - straight citizenship, after all the "new" President of USA is an immigrant form Mexico - They are still figuring out whether she was legal or illegal immigrant. BTW, laws were changed in 2010 to let Arnold S., one time Governor of California, became President in 2012.

India - why apply? - all jobs anyway outsourced to India - Go back and lobby there so that Americans can get into India. Quota for India is less than 1,000.

Chinese - well, let's see, which "Chinese" country you would qualify, since China disintegrated in 2016 into 43 different countries. The best hope, they say, is if you are from TIBET, now an independent country.

Phillipines - again they split into 4 countries in 2020, following China - one Catholic, one Protestant, one Shia and another Sunni.

Others - current (because no one applies).

:) :D

Regards
GCStrat :)