Can I use EAD to work in a Pizza Hut ?

sesa99

Registered Users (C)
This is the reason, If things get bad with the job market. In order to survive can I work in a Pizza Hut ?

I read some where or some body told me that, I can use my EAD only for the jobs that are related to the Labor certification. Is this true ?

Thanks in advance

No Title

I agree with that. Your new job should be in the same postion as that of your underlying I-140. Hope this helps.

No Title

From the different law sites I saw, it said that with EAD you can open a business and do anything. So basically you can work anywhere, as long as when you get your GC, your sponsoring company should be ready to take you.

No Title

I agree with Ranjan. With an EAD you can work anywhere you want. Regarding opening a business --- it is dependent on State Laws. Ohio doesn\'t let a person on visa to start a company.

No Title

Hi Ranjan,
How is it possible that once a person is laid off or the company is closing down , the person can go back or company will accept him in real world? Won\'t it be problem ?

No Title

I am in Ohio, I started a company, they didn\'t say anything. Offcourse it is on my wife name, and we didn\'t make any money yet.

thanks for all the replies, It looks like I can work any where as a part time as long as I maintain the job with the compay. Correct me If i am wrong.

No Title

With an EAD, you can work anywhere until your EAD expires. Whether you can open your own business may be depending on different state laws. You do not need an EAD card to open a business. However, in order to work for you own company and get paid by your own company, you will need either EAD or H1B.

If you get laid off and your sponsoring company does not withdraw your I-140 within 180 days after you filed your I-485, based on AC21 you should be able to get a new job in similar field and get your I-485 approved with your job. In this case, you can not be working in Pizza Hut unless your previous job was working at a fast food chain and your precious employer filed yoru Labor Certification based on that job. However, INS has yet to enact regulations on this law.

No Title

I can work anywhere and as many jobs as you want. Theoritically, you don\'t event need to work for your employer who petitioned for 140. Only thing you have to make sure is that your employer will say yes that you will work with them when 485 gets approval.

No Title

Please note that still there is no regulation out with respect to the 180 day rule. As you said, on the basis of theory, it is o.k but not in real life practical. Please consult your lawyer before you take any further steps.

No Title

If you are already working for your employer, can you do parttime
work for others if it does not interefere with the current job?