Can I try EB1A? Thanks for sugegstions.

immigr

Hello, Friends:

I want to try EB1a. But I don't know if I qualify. Could you please give some suggestions. If it is too weak, I have to wait.

My background is as follows:

Postdoc at a university
18 first-authored papers (8 journal papers, 10 conference papers)
1 best paper award. (from the website of AWS, it is a national award)
1 patent (approved)
1 membership from Sigma Xi, other memberships such as ASM, TMS, AWS (no strict requirement for these 3 memberships).
Co-PI for two aerospace projects, both are commercilized in airplanes now.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Althought at the face your background looks weak but no harm in trying now. Even if it is rejected first time you could take a shot again latter after you have more substance. If I were you I would take a shot. I would highlight more about the "commecialized in airplanes" as the biggest acheivments. Give it a shot.

No it's not that weak. If you get good letters from different countries, and present yor case well you have very good chance. Also if you are planning to do PP, try e-filing and hope that goes to TSC.

I think I have seen some threads were people with similar qualifications have been approved. I just cannot locate them. Are you planning for an attorney, or Do-It-Yourself? What I understood from people here that it is all about the cover letter.

I had similar concerns and questions like yours at this thread:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=242033

It does not hurt to try. There are many possibilities. If you can get your petition to TSC, you have maybe 50% chance. Even NSC is not completely hopeless. You may send in a NIW as back up but don't count on it. The retrogression may take years.

Thank you very much. I will try my best. Actually I asked an attorney to prepare both NIW and EB1a for me. But she told me that NIW was doable, but EB1a is too weak.

Thank you very much. I will try my best. Actually I asked an attorney to prepare both NIW and EB1a for me. But she told me that NIW was doable, but EB1a is too weak.

Lawyers are usually conservative. Mine was like that too. I don't blame them for trying to keep higher success rate and reputation. However, it is our best interest to try it. See my approval today.