Can I trust the message I got from my lawyer?

xmy

Registered Users (C)
My detail:
EB2 China
ND: 12/06/1999
FP done: 04/05/2001
FP Notice date: 02/23/2001

I called IIO several times and found my case was always pending and they refused to give me any detail information. So I email to my lawyer on May 7 asking him to ask IIO for the real status of my case.
Today I got the response from my lawyer:"We were advised by an immigration officer at the Vermont Service Center that your case is being approved and approval notices are being ordered today. I will follow-up to confirm this but apparently you are approved."
I called the VSC right away but the IIO did not tell me the same story. He just said I will receive the notice with the final decision in couple of weeks but refused to tell me what kind of notice it is! Then I asked his if this means my case is under review. He said yes.
I just checked AVM 5 minutes ago. It\'s not changed.

Am I approved? Can I trust what my lawyer told me?

No Title

no reason why not! if your lawyer is lying now, and if you dont get the green card later, he will have to explain that to you..
I see no reason why he would lie to you unless you have such experiences with him/her before.

No Title

Thanks!
I just don\'t understand why I could not get this kind of detail information.

No Title

xmy,
I am sure your lawyer is fairly influential in VSC and has information which the IIO maynot see in their screens. My personal immigration lawyer has an excellent personal relationship withe the INS VSC Director and several senior amd middle management folks at VSC. He has been able to so far get me status information on my case which the IIO\'s have not. And in all cases, they have turned out to be true.

Probably, your lawyer too has "contacts" in VSC capable of providing him genuine and timely information...

Good luck with your GC!!!

No Title

I pretty much was in that situation and then BAM, the message changed to APPROVED yesterday.. Hang in there and I think you will be posting the good news in few days...

Best of luck
Bhanu

No Title

Thank you all. I will post the good news if it comes.
I was thinking that every lawyer may has the privilege to get the detail information than us. We should push our lawyers to do that for us. In my case I pay the lawyer(it\'s our policy). So the lawyer may want to do this kind of thing for me. By the way I got 2 RFEs for I-140 because of my lawyer\'s fault.
It\'s no use for us to call IIO.

No Title

Got the Courtesy copy from VSC and done the passport stamping. My lawyer had not send me anything yet.