Can I travel with AP, if I-140 is not approved yet?

zhli01

Hey, all! I need go back home now. My AP was approved last month, but I-140 is still pending. Lawyer says it's any time from now. Receipt date is 3/12/2003. Do you think I can use AP to reenter US? Thanks for your help!!

zhli01 said:
Hey, all! I need go back home now. My AP was approved last month, but I-140 is still pending. Lawyer says it's any time from now. Receipt date is 3/12/2003. Do you think I can use AP to reenter US? Thanks for your help!!

Dear Zhli,
Nice to hear that your attorney said your 140 is due approval any time. If you are a TExas filer, can you please share when was 140 filed. Mine is RD 06/09/03 and still pending. Also would appreciate if you can share what lawyer said about Texas 140 processing time. And, AP is good enough to re-enter USA. I would also carry copy of 485 receipt along and produce if required while re-entering USA.

Good Luck..Thanks a BUNCH..

BanglaBabu

My lawyer said that If I go back to the same employer, H-1B is still valid, if I use AP to reenter US. My 140 RD is 3/12/03, mauch earlier than yours, but it is still pending.

zhli01 said:

Nice to hear about u r I 140 Approval Date Near by.

regarding your question..I would suggest to reenter on H1B if u have a valid H1B Visa..because when u r in other country and if something happens to u r I 140 (like Denied) , then its difficult to reenter using u r AP(bcoz AP will be invalid) .

Good Luck with u r I 140 Approval and u r trip.