Can I travel to INDIA and come back when my visa is near to Expiration date

mohan_reddy

Hi,
Need advice on my scenario.

My present H-1B visa expires in Jan 15th. I have not yet send it for Revalidation.

I have any emergancy visit to INDIA, and i am planning to go around Dec 1 st-2nd week, and be back around 3 rd-4 th week with out applying for revalidation there in INDA.

Need advice on this , Is it ok for me to travel and come back to US before my visa expires. I want to apply for my VISA Revalidation here in US once i come back...

Please advice me in this ...

Thanks
Mohan

Should be OK

As long as you have a valid multiple entry visa when coming back, you should be ok. In other words, you should be back by 1/15/04. You must carry your h1 petition papers with you. They will definitely ask you at the port of entry since the visa is close to expiry. Post this question in the h1b forum in the US immigration category. Good luck!

Mohan,

It will be better for you to get the revalidation in India itself. I don't know which consulate you have to apply, but for Mumbai visit foll. for more info.
http://www.visa-services.com/index.html

You can use the drop-box facility and will receive your passport with visa stamped within a weeks' time at your home addresss in India.

Do not take a chance in returning to usa when your visa is near to expire. The immigration officers will definately question your reasons of not doing it while your stay in India.

Best of Luck