Can I travel outside the country while the AP is pending ?

2navigate

Registered Users (C)
I want to travel india while the AP is pending.Did anybody has gone through this one ?

Please input your suggestions.

Thanks,

I have similar question.

What happens when one travels with the AP which is going to expire in a month or two (hoping to return before expiry) but meanwhile applied for renewal and get approved while out of US? any conflicts?

This link should answer at least forevergreen's question.

As for 2navigate, I assume you already have an approved AP? Or else a H or L visa? If not, you cannot leave until your AP is approved. Having a "renewal" AP pending will not invalidate your current valid AP.

Hi Jk0274,
Thanks for the reply.
My wife has a valid H1B, she got the EAD and AP was also approved but we lost in the email,and had re-applied.To be on the safe I had applied the AP as she is not working anymore and have a pending I 485 application.

If she is on H-1B but not working, then she is out of H-1B status and cannot use her visa. You were right to apply for AP, as that's what she would need to return to the US.

This link should answer at least forevergreen's question.

As for 2navigate, I assume you already have an approved AP? Or else a H or L visa? If not, you cannot leave until your AP is approved. Having a "renewal" AP pending will not invalidate your current valid AP.

Thanks jk0274.