Can i travel India on H1 as i have not applied parole with EAD/I-485.....H1 is valid till 2003

sure u can!

I have recently been to India - my wife had AP/EAD and myself just H-1. Our visas were valid till Sep-2002. On return, we just presented our H-1 and H-4 visas. The immigration officer didnt even ask to see her AP/EAD (I guess he *wounldnt care*/*doesnt know* that my wife has AP as long as H-4 is valid - same goes to H-1 too). He only said that since Sep-2002 is very far off, I will have to do something about the visa or I will be forced to leave US post-Sep2002. I told him that my GC is round the corner. Even though I was prepared with all documentation ( letter from employer, paystubs, tax returns, proof of GC in progress - copies of receipt notice and attorney emails), he never asked to see any of these. So go ahead with a peacefull mind and enjoy ur vacation!

but can you get the passport stamped in India

I have H1 valid till 2003 but the passport does not have a valid stamp. so could I have it stamped in India and return on an H1

I got my PP stamped ..

I got my PP stamped in Calcutta this January without any problem. My H1 extension was approved in May 2000. No questions asked.