Can I travel in USA with an expired B-2 visa on my passport?

DruZod

Hi. I am -as a noncitizen- married to a citizen in USA and in the middle of the process of obtaining a Green Card. USCIS is still working on my case and I expect an interview soon. And while waiting for the process to be finalized, my 6-month stay permit obtained through b-2 visa expired. I do not have a question about this.

I really really want to visit the Niagara Falls in NY (I am not going to cross the Canada border). My question is, will they ask for my passport or visa or whatever? I am planning to go there by amtrak train. Do you think I will experience any official difficulties?

Thanks...

You have a pending Adjustment of Status (I-485) application, right? If so, bring the I-485 receipt, and you should be fine. There is generally no immigration checks while traveling inside the US, but CBP can randomly check trains and stuff in places near the border (e.g. Niagara Falls). You probably won't need to use it, but if you get checked, you should be fine with the I-485 receipt. They will not deport someone for being out of status while Adjustment of Status is pending.

You have a pending Adjustment of Status (I-485) application, right? If so, bring the I-485 receipt, and you should be fine. There is generally no immigration checks while traveling inside the US, but CBP can randomly check trains and stuff in places near the border (e.g. Niagara Falls). You probably won't need to use it, but if you get checked, you should be fine with the I-485 receipt. They will not deport someone for being out of status while Adjustment of Status is pending.

Yes, sir. I have a pending I-485 application. Thanks for your kind reply.

For those who wonder, I traveled to Niagara Falls by train which took me more than 9 hours. I didn't cross the Canada border and stayed in NY. No one asked me my passport, my i-485 receipt or whatever. Everything went awesome.

Thanks for your replies.

i dont think so you can travel on expired visa you will definitely have to revive it
No. A US visa is only for entry to the US. It only has to be valid on the day you enter. Visas are irrelevant if you are already in the US; it's your status that determines if you can stay in the US. That's also why it's impossible to get a US visa inside the US, because, if you are already in the US, you don't need to "enter".