Can I Transfer GC to a company and also not be employed by them right away?

jahilia2002

Registered Users (C)
I am three months into 485 ( concurrent filing) and got laid off from company A. I have 140 approved ( will not be revoked), have EAD too.

I am planning to file for a change of employer to a company B, but will not be working for them right away. In the meantime, I want to work for a company C on H1B.

One more complication is this. Company A & B are under VSC and company C is undre TSC.

Will the above scenario work? What are the pros and cons.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is no provision to "file for change of employer". however you can exercise AC21 as many times you want and as long as the job is similar as per LC or 140.
You can work for company C and if there is a RFE you are better off filing current employment details.

HOWEVER you can use employer B's employment offer also to answer the RFE. You still have to give current employment details though...

jaxen, "AC21 as many times " is it really true ?

My original company (A) that I left has a subcontract to another company (B) which has a client (C). I left A to join B because A was trying to act smart which I took as a reason for breach of contract (in 90 days). He is also kind of scared and did not do anything because he has strong reasons to continue running the company. (I am even thinking of reporting him to dol or even sue him)

But then C seems to be interested in hiring me. Should I join C if they make an offer ? (its about 210 days now after filing485)

thanks