Can I take up Contract job

whereis_GC

Registered Users (C)
I got my I140 , EAD and AP approved and 485 pending for about 10 months. My current employer does not ahve any projects. I found one by myself and is for 6 months only. They are going to pay on W2. Can i take up this job. Also is there any restriction on number of jobs u can take up before the 485 is approved. Should the INS be notified immediately if there is change in employment?

Any help is apppreciated. :confused:

go ahead...

urs. is a perfect case for using ac21. change ur job as many time as u want.. u r ok dude :) .

sending ac21 letter is safe stretegy however some people here suggest to wait for RFE. Lets see what others say here about this.

No Contract job for AC21

For GC you need a full time permanent job. The simple definition of permanent job is no 1099 and no end date. So a 6 mo. contract job will not get GC - you will not be able to use AC21. :eek:

i agree with sb_tiger.
but i'm still curious: does anyone get GC when he/she is on a contract-W2?
a true stroy would help.

Thanks!

Lot of consulting companies may be willing to give an EVL as permanent job- even in case the job is actually a contract job. If you can negotiate that- it will work. ;)

sb_tiger said:
For GC you need a full time permanent job. The simple definition of permanent job is no 1099 and no end date. So a 6 mo. contract job will not get GC - you will not be able to use AC21. :eek:
One can do ANY kinda job, regardless of its 1099. The only important thing is that at the time of RFE / Interview, you be able to produce Employment letter. It will be ok even if that letter is for a FUTURE JOB. Thats the Company is willing to offer employment upon you getting a green card.

Do any job you want, provided you have a "simmilar" job guaranteed for you upon getting your Green Card. ... need further clarification .. post again or PM me .