Can I take my kids with me at Newark Interview and oath?

pinkpink

My wife and I have interview at Newark, NJ on June 28. Can we take our kids (6 and 4 years old) with us at the interview??

pinkpink said:
My wife and I have interview at Newark, NJ on June 28. Can we take our kids (6 and 4 years old) with us at the interview??

Yes, you can. I have seen few people bring their kids and they also have a little play room, but it may be a long day for you and kids can get really cranky just sitting there and doing nothing.

I'd recommend if you can leave them with a babysitter or some friends, that'd be better.

Deer said:
Yes, you can. I have seen few people bring their kids and they also have a little play room, but it may be a long day for you and kids can get really cranky just sitting there and doing nothing.

I'd recommend if you can leave them with a babysitter or some friends, that'd be better.

I didn't see a playroom but I might have missed it. If your kids are quiet and not disruptive then I guess it's ok. But as Deer said, it's best to not bring them because you have a long day and pretty much any kid is going to get restless and cranky eventually. Although they cannot officially tell you not to bring kids along (that would be discriminatory) they discourage it (if you call the USCIS number and ask them they'll tell you that they recommend you don't bring your kids).

Sam

sam_c said:
I didn't see a playroom but I might have missed it. If your kids are quiet and not disruptive then I guess it's ok. But as Deer said, it's best to not bring them because you have a long day and pretty much any kid is going to get restless and cranky eventually. Although they cannot officially tell you not to bring kids along (that would be discriminatory) they discourage it (if you call the USCIS number and ask them they'll tell you that they recommend you don't bring your kids).

Sam

The playroom is a small room all the way to the left next to Door #1. it's not really a playroom, but they have some kids chairs, a small table and stuffed toys etc. I noticed it as I was sitting next to it, if you are sitting in the middle section or the section on the right, then it is hard to notice.