Can I take my 4 year kid to the interview at Fairfax, VA?

IPL-fan

Registered Users (C)
Can I take my 4 year old kid to the citizenship interview at Fairfax, VA?

Just few more days for our interview....... I am little nervous...

My wife and I have early interview appointments at Fairfax, VA. Just 45 min break in between.
Also, my kid's day care doesn't open very early and we have no other option other than taking the kid to the interview and possibly to oath ceremony later that day.

In case if my interview goes longer than expected, Can my wife take the kid to the interview room? Is this allowed in Fairfax, VA location?
Anybody has similar experience?

Can I take my 4 year old kid to the citizenship interview at Fairfax, VA?

Just few more days for our interview....... I am little nervous...

My wife and I have early interview appointments at Fairfax, VA. Just 45 min break in between.
Also, my kid's day care doesn't open very early and we have no other option other than taking the kid to the interview and possibly to oath ceremony later that day.

In case if my interview goes longer than expected, Can my wife take the kid to the interview room? Is this allowed in Fairfax, VA location?
Anybody has similar experience?
Normally there should be no problem. 45 minutes gap is a lot. However on reaching the interview venue, please discuss your problem with the reception desk. They will suitably adjust your interviews.

No problem. Just let your kid wait in the waiting area while you are being interviewed. A 4 year old can take care of himself

Let the 4 year old wait in the waiting area. Seriously???
All of the 4 year olds I know would be very traumatized if their parents left them in the company of no one they know in a place that they've never been to.
I would discuss the issue with the reception desk as madh4 recommended.
I'd also bring crayons/workbooks so the child can busy himself quietly while the interview is being conducted.

Grumpy you are out of date. Which 4 year want Crayons/ workbooks??? They want ipod/ipad or some video games- wii/xbox etc. IPL-FAN do not worry most of the staff in USCIS are helpful and your problem will be taken care of.

I guess my 4 year old is out of date as well then. LOL
I tend to avoid overstimulating him with gadgets and is thereby content with books and workbooks. I've taken him to numerous council meetings and is for the most part content with drawing and reading.

My kid likes activity books/crayons but has not yet promoted to iPod. I myself not yet promoted to iPad. So, my kid will have to wait for a long time to get iPad.