• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Can I switch from AoS to Consular Processing after 122 is submitted to KCC?

voxx

Registered Users (C)
I don't know my case # yet since notification letter got lost. Even after Aug 1, KCC won't give these out, asking to file the forms (assume 122) instead and asap.
I'm in the US and will default to AOS, but if when KCC sends NL2 and I find out that the case number is too high, will there still be a chance to switch to Consular Processing?

FYI - NL1 finally reached us, we are at 18xxx for Europe, which gives an anticipated timeframe of Jan-Mar next year for visa to become available. With this in mind, we'll stick to adjustment of status for now.

Still what's unclear is if we send any documents to KCC upfront, does it trigger anything at all? From what's written online, doesn't sound like USCIS needs anything to be sent to them from KCC before they can process the I-485. So by not submitting right away DS-122 to KCC with USCIS specified as the processing center, we still leave ourself an opportunity to later file DS-122 and DS-230 to KCC and go down the consular processing route if visa numbers are being made available at a lower pace than anticipated.

Hope anyone can shed some light on this

Long story short: Yes you can. Just need to inform KCC in writing and over the phone...Thanks.

I don't know my case # yet since notification letter got lost. Even after Aug 1, KCC won't give these out, asking to file the forms (assume 122) instead and asap.
I'm in the US and will default to AOS, but if when KCC sends NL2 and I find out that the case number is too high, will there still be a chance to switch to Consular Processing?