can I switch employer while waiting for consular processing?

altano

My I-140 got approved recently. I am in the process of
applying for Consular Processing through the company lawyers.

If I switch employers while the consular processing is continuing, what are the consequences? Does my I-140 get cancelled, so I need to reapply for it again?

I don't have labor certificate as I had applied I-140 outstanding researcher.

Thanks,

A.

It is OK,but ...

At the time of the interview you need to have an offer from your previous employer who filed I-140 for you.

Even though it is allowed to work for a different company while your application is being processed,you should have the intention of working for the employer who filed for the GC. You can proove this by showing a notorized employment letter from the GC sponsoring employer at the time of the interview.

If you do not show the intention of working for the GC sponsoring company you might be in trouble.

This is my opinion only,Pls consult your attorney !

Hi,

Does he need to be hired back into exactly the same position at the same location? Or it's more flexible?

altano:

I agree with chennaicpseeker that there should be an offer from sponsoring company and intention on the part of the company and candidate to make this offer good. And also the corollary is that once GC is approved one should ideally join the sponosring company.

Since you are pursuing CP i would recommend not to change jobs at this point. I would advise you to get your cp approval and wait for 6 months and then make the move if you have to. I strongly urge you to consult an attorney before making hasty decisions!