Can I surrender my Indian Passport without having a US Passport

endretro

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone help answer this please?

I had my Oath last week and got the naturalization certificate. I applied for the US passport. I am planning for a trip to India in the first week of November and I have to apply for India Visa. It looks like I have to do the renunciation of the Indian citizenship before or together with the visa application and it will take 2 weeks to get the Indian Visa.

I am trying to see if I need to have my US passport for renunciation of the Indian Citizenship. I am think that if I at least if I get the renunciation done, I can apply for Visa rightafter I get the US passport.

Please advise.

They ask for information about your new passport, but I guess you can apply for renunciation without including that information. I'm not sure how they'd react. They're shits whose sole aim is to make your life difficult.

Why not apply for the visa and renunciation together? Is the renunciation a long process that would delay the visa issuance?

Can anyone help answer this please?

I had my Oath last week and got the naturalization certificate. I applied for the US passport. I am planning for a trip to India in the first week of November and I have to apply for India Visa. It looks like I have to do the renunciation of the Indian citizenship before or together with the visa application and it will take 2 weeks to get the Indian Visa.

I am trying to see if I need to have my US passport for renunciation of the Indian Citizenship. I am think that if I at least if I get the renunciation done, I can apply for Visa rightafter I get the US passport.

Please advise.

You should have US passport to surrender your Indian passport. You will need US passport number while you fill up the surrender certificate. Hope this helps