can i sue my previous company ?

rkprod

Hello all..

I recently got my GC stamped on my passport. I left my company that sponsered my GC and joined another company.

Now my previous company ( who sponsered my GC) never paid me a dime after Nov 2001 to till date. I recetnly joined my new company. some 4 months back.

So basically i was wthout pay check for more than an year working odd jobs and part time here and here .

now can i sue my previous company and ask them to pay me all the money they are supposed to pay me during that period ?..

i was just curious if anyone is on similar posotion ?.

Thanks
Raj

Originally posted by rkprod
i worked as part time in pizza hut to pay my bills.

thanks
raj

Is it a desi consultancy company, how do you expect them to pay you, if you were not in a project? Atleast they didn't stop your GC process or cancel your H1 (kept you in status). And you are still blaming them.

This might open up a can of worms. For example - someone may notify BCIS and they may ask questions about why you were not with sponsoring employee or in a similar job.

Why?

I just dont understand why anyone would want to sue their company after getting their GC. Believe me I am not justifying what your consultant company did to you as right.

But you made a conscious or materialistic decision to stick with the company so you will benefit after the green card. You made the decision to take on all the BS, so you will have to live with it.

You may end up without your GC for all you know after the whole tit-for-tat episode. Again you are at a point where you are forced to make a decision. Your decision will impact you and your family if you have one. No one else but you can decide given your priorities and ambitions. Decide wisely.

Just my opinion, Good Luck!

Since it is a consulting company, you have the option of getting a project of your own and bill through that company.

Or if you did not like him, you would have gone to another company.

Your employer did not revoke your GC and did not fire you. So morally, you should not sue him because he kept you all along

let it go

You didnt do any work during that time so they didnt pay you. If you were on a project and they didnt pay you its a different scenario. as GC050102 pointed you should be gla that they didnt revoke your H1. If they had done that you would have had to go back home. If you didnt want to stick with them you could have left. You could have used AC21. If you sue now, you wont get your money and your GC will probably be revoked!

Forget about the past and enjoy the future. By getting even, you will lose your peaceness. I know how it is with the employer, the way they respond etc etc. But because you made a choice of getting greencard through him, you have benefited enough. There are many worst guys out there. You are far better, atleast you got your gc. . .
Just say Hakuna Matata.
If you don't know what that means, see "The Lion King"

Why did not your company terminate you (and rollback your GC) when you are out of project ? Do you want to punish them for this ? Either you are kidding or you are a fool.