Can I sue my company?

time to move on

One downside of sueing a company for something as trivial as not paying something they said they would in documents for helping you with your green card is that future employers will be very vary of you. You will have a permanent red flag tagged to your profile. I can understand that you are feeling bitter about it and want to get back at them. I think one needs to move on in life. Life is worth much more and it is not worth wasting your time in legal hassles or even anonymous complaints to DOL. Take this lower salary as an opportunity for you to leave the company now rather than 6 months later and count yourself lucky. Good luck with your job search and thank them if you get a goo raise!

you don't have any strong reason to sue man,

if you have some substance then sue it.

you are just like barking dog

:D :D :D

and by the way did you heard about Dhirubhai Ambani from your country.

He was also not good in English but you are only good in English.

looks like your mothertongue is English,

for me it's second language and I am not ashamed of it.

:D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ram_Frm_RIC said:
and I don't think I am thinking of screwing my company just for heck of it.... I have some good reasons other than the one that I mentioned here....

Cool it :cool:

Then spell it out those reasons.Also where your "good reason's" were hiding when your GC was in process?? And whatever those reasons are, can't surpass his blessings to dish out GC to person like you, who changes from Ram to Ravan without a moment to spare after GC. :D :D

brb,
Thanks for your suggestions. It does makes sense to move on with life and I am sure I will.
Thanks,
brb2 said:
One downside of sueing a company for something as trivial as not paying something they said they would in documents for helping you with your green card is that future employers will be very vary of you. You will have a permanent red flag tagged to your profile. I can understand that you are feeling bitter about it and want to get back at them. I think one needs to move on in life. Life is worth much more and it is not worth wasting your time in legal hassles or even anonymous complaints to DOL. Take this lower salary as an opportunity for you to leave the company now rather than 6 months later and count yourself lucky. Good luck with your job search and thank them if you get a goo raise!

qwertyisback said:
Then spell it out those reasons.

Wouldn't want to make them public...

Also where your "good reason's" were hiding when your GC was in process??

There were no problems when my GC was going on... everything got started when my company did not pay me what was promissed.

And whatever those reasons are, can't surpass his blessings

his blessings..... hello.... it's a big corporation... not a one man consulting firm.... so don't think SOMEBODY did me a BIG favor or something like that

to dish out GC to person like you, who changes from Ram to Ravan without a moment to spare after GC. :D :D

Ram,
Don't know what are your compelling reasons to think of suing and we know you have a right not to disclose them.
As a freeman,you can do any thing you like but thing is you only need to face full consequences of your actions.
It depends on one's own priorities.
If the suing is your paramount priority than getting on life with other things,
now rests to know the full consequences.The only best way of to know the full consequences that you have to face is, to consult an immigration lawyer and a civil lawyer combination as this depends on your particular individual circumustances/situations.
These boards can not fully throw the light on the entire spectrum of your conditions.
The consequences may be for example--
As you may claim that employer is wilfully paying less though his financial conditions are sound,then your PR basis may be in question.Your GC it self may be in question.
If employer says this is an unwritten under standing and you are also wellaware(to throw you equally)first off,you are also taken to task.
Like this so many parameters may come in to play,for example,the employer finacial postion may be bad after your GC and he may claim you are on the same job but reduced pay presently and further he may argue he intends always to pay you more once the financial postion is sound.
(This may not be an much nonallowed,out of the way social scenario(if it is genuine) after the down trend?).
If you want to waste your time/or you dont' have any pressing priority/may want to loose GC(possibilities) risks,you may do as you wish.
I am not a lawyer/ this is not an advcie and isj just my opinion.

Ram_Frm_RIC said:
his blessings..... hello.... it's a big corporation... not a one man consulting firm.... so don't think SOMEBODY did me a BIG favor or something like that
I have only one word for you "ungrateful JERK". :eek: :eek: .
My advice is, go and sue them, as its big corporation, I have no doubt that their lawyer will take good care of jerks,teach hard lesson and then CIS will kick ass such unholy jerk out of US for sure. :( :(

Relax guys - qwertyisback

He asked a simple question, if you want to give suggestion it's good, if you don't, just ignore. There are people out there who can do anything. You are trying to compare his action against what you would have done.

So, take it easy, chill out it's friday.

PremChopra,
I didn't entered into this thread at start. He has been well adviced by others. But when I see that guy is trying defend his nonsense with some "can't disclose reasons in public", I felt need to show reality to that jerk. Rather than cherishing getting GC, he is ill wishing about his sponser!! What a low life. Anyway, I hope he had learned good lesson now.

I see some attaitude problem in Ram_$$$$. Rater than moving on with life and explore new oportunities with his gifted GC, this guys is hostile to the employer. Uncle, you seems like an intelligent guy... why don't you use it wisely.

I am not saying that employer did the right thing. If its a "big corporation", they must have notified the employee that your salary would be X-10k (BIG 10K in the case of our ram) from such and such date onwards. You might have given the option to take it or leave them.

Please let me know if I too need to attend 101?

Pl. don't get personal

Nobody has to get personal over here. I apologize for my ENG 101 remarks. I had a simple question and was looking for opinions, which I got and I apreciate that, and wanted to see if there is anybody out there who was in my shoes earlier.

So take it easy... and as PremChopra mentioned earlier... be cool.. it's Friday :cool:

Ram_Frm_RIC said:
Nobody has to get personal over here. I apologize for my ENG 101 remarks. I had a simple question and was looking for opinions, which I got and I apreciate that, and wanted to see if there is anybody out there who was in my shoes earlier.

So take it easy... and as PremChopra mentioned earlier... be cool.. it's Friday :cool:

man you should take English Class from Ram_Frm_RIC( :eek: )

Ram_Frm_RIC said:

Hi Ram,
Think I had told this before but you don't have a strong case to sue your employer. As you must know by now US employment in most cases is 'at will' i.e. the employer can change your benefits or terminate your employment with or without reason. Your emp. can always claim that 'business conditions' are forcing him to pay you less and he did not anticipate this when they gave you a letter of support for your GC. Hundreds of companies in california fired employees or reduced benefits just days after giving the support letter during the 'tech crash' period. Neither DOL nor the then INS cared about this so what makes you confident now?
Just talk to your emp. and if he does not agree look for a new job as you have a good reason to leave. Believe me this suing business is for people who have nothing to lose or people with a lot of time and money to spare.

Ram_Frm_RIC said:

blinkingstar, why don't you sue him, based on language discrimination.

Ram_$$$, let me know, If I too need ENG 101 :confused:

Ram_$$$, nothing in free or charity I would suggest you the following

1) talk to your employer about the pay raise according to Labor and see his reply
2) if both come to an agreement it is ok (you may get compromise if he is ready to settle atleast a part) or there is no harm to take action

keep in mind....
nobody sponsor in favor of you,
you might have been a potential candiadate in terms of revenue that would have made your employer to sponsor
not sure who sponsor for your GC (definately it may not be from employers pocket)
remember if he is not there any tom dik or harry who has a consulting company would have sponsored your GC (will you agree)
also if your employer is unable to find you a project based on your skills and expertise, definately he is not going to keep you...
there are tons of points to say

then why the "h*** " you should be grateful!!! faithful!!! or whatever to a person who is not so

as other member suggest you have to focus on future growth but should not make everything granted to these, which might give a confident to these employers to ***** other consultants.

it won't take much time and efforts to take action agianst an employer.
your don't need to sue your company there are easy ways listed on labor standards to take action, you may consult state's fair labor standards organization.

I know there is nothing big or small company under law, if you have valid points you may always claim that, first talk to your employer.

Good luck

Venkat

AGC2004 said:
then why the "h*** " you should be grateful!!! faithful!!! or whatever to a person who is not so
How you know that?? RAM has very personal reasons and he can't disclose in public!!!! Then How you are so much sure?? Or is OP and you are just clone?? :D :D
In India, even uneducated Truck drivers says rightly for you kinda of guys.
:D :D
Buri Nazarwale tera muh kala!!!

English "Shame on all ill wishers"

Mr qwertyisback

is this your personal site?

why can't you skip this thread if you don't want to answer Ram$$$'s query

where are you located? do you have guts to say like this if this site requires to register mandatory user phone number

AGC2004 said:
why can't you skip this thread if you don't want to answer Ram$$$'s query
Read carefully, I already answered it in my prvious replies.

AGC2004 said:
do you have guts to say like

Does it takes guts to tell RIGHT things to do?? Does it too hard to understand that if somebody helps you to attain something, you should be good to them not to turn back and bitch/ill-wishing about them???

qwertyisback,
You are too quick to judge somebody. And don't let your blood boil for my bitching or ill-wishing, as per your assumptions. If I am doing all those things then I will be the one facing the consequences... so take it easy.
Ram_frm_RIC.