can i STOP the Process.....

shaky

Registered Users (C)
I have a question...

Can i stop name change process in N 400 application...

My interview is done and I passed. and i requested a name change in application.....after the interview on july 8th i havent heard anything from BCIS....

Is there any way i can ask them to stop this name change process, since i dont want my name changed.

Anyone with any advice plz...

Thank you...

shaky...

1. You could call INS and ask them? No harm in doing that.
2. There are other forums where the attorneys regularly answer questions. Try them

Other Forums

Chanakya,

Can you please tell us what are the other forums out there on Citizenship?

Thanks.

Shaky, my friend!

If I remember correctly you only assume that your Oath ceremony is delayed due to a name change. I can be wrong and didn't read some of your posts so correct me if I'm wrong.

If that's the case and if I were you I would call, fax or go to the local BCIS office and find out what is really going on with my case. Did you already do that?

Otherwise the anxiety could eat your mind up and you could end up doing something you may regret in the future. (like stopping name change process, or else, if it's even possible)
Make your decision based on facts.

Good luck!

GeorgeF

Couple of days ago i got pulled over for seat belt and officer asked me for license and registration .... and he came back with two tickets...

1) ticket for seat belt.
2) ticket for driving with suspended license.

I asked him how my license is suspended and he said , its some expired inspection sticker ticket i got in 2002 Feb... i wanted to ask him more details but he didnt seem friendly and he left...

sat and sunday DMV was closed now tomorrow on moday i am going to DMV and getting this thing straight....

Now i hope u guys undertstand my situation...since i am waiting for my oath which is taking longer then usual time...

Lets say maybe i am in trouble in INS files because i had un answered ticket and my license is suspended.

and as far as my name change in n400 which has to be done at local court. thats another problem for me because of UNanswered ticket.

And when BCIS performs IBIS check ( second security check ) that will or already have revealed my suspension and failiure to answer summons.

In this situation i so much tenssed out, and dont know what to do. i ssume my naturalization application will be denied.
or... maybe i am in trouble deeper than only denial.

Thanx all

any advice will be appreciated...

my interview outcome

I read some posts where ppl said they didnt recieve Final approval at the time of interview.

for example

__X__ A decision vantnot yet be made about ur application.
or
__X__ INS will send u written decision about ur application.

but my interview outcome was straight forward...

__X__ Congratulations! Your application has been cecommended for approval.it appears u have established your eligibility for naturalization.If final approval is granted , you will nbe notified when and where to report for the oath ceremony.

But ppl who went two weeks after me got their oath ceremony before me and even though their results were..as #1.

like my situation mentioned on top post... I think something REALLY UNfortunate is about to happen to me .. :*(

Thanx...

about name change..

I read official website which gives name change information...

maybe this will help someone who wants to know about name change in naturalization process....
Regular name changes are done at Local Court BUT name change in naturalization process in federal courts.....

Provide the court with proof that the notice was published. The newspaperwill send you a copy of what was printed. If not, you can cut out the noticeon the day that it was published. Take the publicationand the original court notice to the Probate & FamilyCourt for filing.You will receive a notice of the date you must appear inProbate and Family Court. A judge may ask you to explain why you arechanging your name. Name changes are generallyallowed unless “inconsistent with public interests.” Ifyour request is granted, the Court will issue a certificateof the new name.----------------------------------------------------------------------

.Naturalization. If you are an alien who is going to be naturalized, you may change your name as part of the naturalization procedure. The procedure is somewhat different because it is governed by federal statutes. If you were an alien and have already undergone naturalization and wish to change your name, you will do so according to the procedures outlinedabove.

"The laws concerning name changes for those who are not U. S. citizens are lee clear-cut. Federal law allows the courts to decide at the time of an alien's naturalization-if the alien makes a petition - whether or not to allow the change."

Last edited by a moderator:
Tickets

Shaky, don't worry about those tickets at this time.
I don't want to bring even more anxiety here but be careful. If the unpaid ticket was for moving violation there could have been a warrant for your arrest. (At least in NJ it's that way). In NJ, you can also get arrested for repetitive driving with suspended license.

Again, you keep speculating in your post about your app being denined etc.... IT WILL NOT HELP YOU!
Looking around on the internet, asking your friends, calling lawyers is just a waste of time in this situation. Because they DON'T KNOW!
You need to go find out the status of your case!

GeorgeF

George,

Thanks for ur post, and thanks a bunch for ur Advice....

In fact i just came back from DMV i mailed them that ticket and Fine.

And right now i am gonna call BCIS to inquire about my case.
i will post what BCIS tells me...

again Thank you...

Shaky...

Traffic Violations, Arrests and Citizenship Denial

shaky,

The reasons for denying one Citizenship based on character grounds are defined by Immigration Law. You can see reasons for denial listed here by the BCIS, under "Good Moral Character":

http://www.bcis.gov/graphics/services/natz/general.htm

Based on the reasons you gave so far, there is no reason for your case to be denied. So, you need not worry about that.

However, not paying the ticket and not responding to the summons, could have delayed your name change in the court. Even getting arrested for traffic infractions will not necessarily get your Citizenship application denied. All it will do is delay your application.

All you're looking at is delays, not denial. And you did everything that would cause delays. You didn't pay tickets, got summons and didn't respond to them, and last but not least, you requested a name change during a Naturalization Interview. That's a major NO NO. That just delays the process. You can always change your name after Naturalization through a court order, and get a new Naturalization Certificate with the new name. At least in that case, you're already a US Citizen.

It's good that you paid off your tickets. All you have to do now is wait patiently. And too many enquiries into your case may also delay it further.

case status!!!

hi Guys...

I called the customer service center and the lady didnt know the status of my case, she said only my local BCIS knows whats going on with my case. thats it...

I am not able to check my case status online since my interview, everytime i check it says cannot find case status... anyone knows why????

i am entering the same reciept number which was assigned to me But no results.
it was always there before my interview. not anymore.

shaky...

Sk686

my friend...

I really regret my actions specially the name change. other problems were not known..

I didnt check the box on application for name change neither i wanted to change my name when i filed my N400. but when i went for interview the officer asked me if i want to change my name and that it will be done with just my one signature .
Only if i knew that it would delay it. i would,ve never done it...

Thanx ... for help

shaky...

you need to bring the original copy of your traffic ticket and receipt of payment to oath. otherwise, your oath will be postponed due to these documents. as to your suspension. bring all related document. you need to deal with the question why you fail to disclose this at interview.

i think you will be fine. just need some more time. if you could not do anything now, just do not do anything and stop worrying.

you could goto your local BCIS and ask your status.

shaky,

All your Citizenship (N-400) related documents are at the BCIS District Office that has jurisdiction over your residential address. In other words, if you haven't moved since your interview, they are still in that same office where you took your Citizenship interview.

The operators at the National Customer Service Center will not be able to give you any status on what's happening with your case, at your local BCIS District Office. So, calling them as you have already realised, will not yield any new information.

If you make written inquiries at your local BCIS District Office, it may further delay your case. Wait patiently at least for six months, from the time of your interview. It's most likely you'll get an Oath letter by then.

If you don't hear anything from BCIS for six months, make a personal visit to your Local BCIS District Office with your Citizenship papers, ask to see a BCIS supervisor, explain your wait to them, and request them to check your file to find out what's causing the delay. If you are unable to find anything from them, then at that point, make a written inquiry to your Local BCIS District Office.

If you do get the Oath letter by then, you can take all your traffic related tickets, receipts and payment information with you, to the Oath Ceremony. It is very unlikely you'll need any of that during the Oath ceremony, but it won't hurt to have them with you. Also, only provide them if they specifically ask you for your traffic payment receipts. It is very unlikely they'll ask you anything about your traffic tickets, during your Oath.

Good luck!