Can I start GC processing during residency

tangohi

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
My friend is doing a residency in anaesthesia started second year of training. Can he apply for GC. There is a small hospital who is willing to hire him in 2008 after he finishes his training. Does he need to wait till he finishes his training in 2008 before applying for GC including PERM. I remember someone had applied for GC during his second year of training in anaesthesia but that was in the days of labor certification. Not sure if one can do so or not.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
The only way to get started on a labor certification early during residency is if it is for 'physician general practice' (medical school + 1-3 years internship + medical license).
If a hospital files LC for 'physician anesthesiologist' you have to wait until you are 'board eligible' (finished residency).

i too have similar doubt.how early during residency can one apply for g.c?and for applying for a future job say as physcian general practice do you need to be board certified or liscensed?whats difference between getting liscensed and board certified.i know that to get state medical liscence for img they need 2-3 yrs of gme.but is it given only after you pass some test or so?what step-3 meant for is it not equivalent to lisencure?