Can I start a business on EAD??

Rajeev74

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I have my EAD for more than a year and I 485 is still in processing. I am planning start a business and would like to know if I can have a business registered in my name while on EAD?? Or would I need the green card in hand?

Also, on H1 B can you partner with someone in business?? i.e if the business is registered in someone's name, can you enter into legal contract to be a partner in that business??

Yes, you can start a Business on EAD.

You can start a Business when you are on H1-B, but you cannot work for the Business.

Hi
I am also in need of this answer. I have my second EAD and my I485 is pending. Can I start a my own business and bill my services through it and if I get an RFE what should I do?

You can do any number of jobs you want but make sure that you have a primary job with your employer.
What is the problem if RFE comes, You have a primary job, right?.
If you start a business, that boosts your income, No harm, right?.

If you quit your primary job then start your business, then UCSIS/INS generates RFE, there might be a problem, You may have to work it out with Employer(Which may not be possible all the time).

Think over it n take right decision.

If I have a Corporation registered as me the CEO and I bill through that company and I pay myself a salary with same title (programmer) in which my case was filed, would it be still a problem when RFE comes?.

thx

Earn extras while holding H1-B

rg585 said:
Yes, you can start a Business on EAD.

You can start a Business when you are on H1-B, but you cannot work for the Business.

I have a H1-B visa. Now I have an opportunity to start an online business. I heard that before my website generates certain amount of profit I don't have to incorporate it and I'll be getting a form 1099 by year end for capital gain. What does this mean to H1-B visa holder in general? If I want to startup a corporation, do I have to hire some American workers?

Forgive me if I asked some stupid questions. Any help is appreciated!