Can I stamp in Norfolk instead of Fairfax (N. Va Area)

gcwaiter_74

Registered Users (C)
Can I go for stamping in Norfolk instead of the Northern VA region? The appointment pool in Fairfax is full and I dont think I will get anything in the near future.
Or would Baltimore work too?

Any advice greatly appreciated. Also, if someone gets an appointment in Fairfax, VA, could you please let us know the time of the day when you made the appointment.

Thanks

gcwaiter_74 said:
Can I go for stamping in Norfolk instead of the Northern VA region? The appointment pool in Fairfax is full and I dont think I will get anything in the near future.
Or would Baltimore work too?

Any advice greatly appreciated. Also, if someone gets an appointment in Fairfax, VA, could you please let us know the time of the day when you made the appointment.

Thanks

Apparently not...My lawyer told me that you can try a different center other than the one you are supposed to go but it is highly unlikely that they will do the stamp for you. I even called the INS customer service number and they told me the same thing. It's something you can try but very unlikely that you can get the passport stampped at a different center.

Same Here

Hi gcwaiter 74,

I am encountering the same difficulity as yours. Have been trying to make the infopass appintment in Fairfax service center for a long time and even woke up at 4am to try to get the through. But it seems to me it'a quite impossible to get the schedule in this severice center. Please let me know if you are able to do it. I know we may not be albe to try Baltimore one, but is it possible to try Norfolk one?

Hi gcwaiter 74,

I also cnsulted my laweyer and she said we have to follow the address shown on the approval notice to get the stamping. So we will still need to try to squezze in the Fairfax center schedule.

Please let me know if you can get it through and I will also keep in touch with you.

Thanks!

Not yet.

Hopfully it's already on the way. But my laywer suggests me to make appointment asap. How about you?

Not yet. My AD is 12/14. So, am expecting it around next Monday or Tuesday.
I cant bear this wait anylonger. I thought the wait ended with the 485 approval. Its crazy...

i got my appointment a few days ago at the Fairfax center. You sould try after 5pm they (apparently) normally open up some appointment windows after 5 pm. So you need to keep trying after 5 pm everyday. Worked for me.

Good luck!