can i send w2 & tax returns Later as an addenda.

GC-XXXXX

Registered Users (C)
I am filing I-140 & 485 in EB3 Category & the lawyer has asked for Last 2 years W2 & tax returns.

I am not comfortable with submitting tax returns for 2002

i am thinking of attaching returns for 2003 & 2004.
Can i file for AOS , 485, EAD & 140 right now and send the w2 & tax returns for 2003 & 2004 Later IF they Raise an RFE.

Does UCIS ask for 2 years tax returns from the Date 140/485 was filed
or
from the Date RFE was issued ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please!
Any Answers "United Nations " or any body else?

I am running out of time need to file before Dec 2004

I have similar concerns
you mentioned this in one thread:

"It's possible that they may ask for primaries tax return. From the primary tax return, they can see if it is a joint filing and will be able to tell the income from both of you. The adjudicator would have to connect a lot of dots to be able to determine from primary tax return that the dependent may have violated h-1 status."

Hi unitednations,

I am filing for I140 / 485 for me and my spouse using a pre-approved labor.

My attorney has asked for my Tax Returns ( RS Form 1040) for the last 3 years .

Here is the issue - I can only provide last 2 years tax returns ( 2002 & 2003 ) .The company that I was working for in 2001 filed for bankruptcy and we didn't get a W2 from them. I haven't filed tax returns for 2001.

Is it neccessary to provide last 3 yrs tax returns ?

Would that lead to an RFE if I only provide last 2 years tax returns ? Would it cause any problems ?

Can I pay tax returns now for the year 2001 so I can keep the tax returns for 2001 ready- just in case of an RFE.

Hi unitednations ,

I didn't get any isssues while transferring my H1 visa . No queries or rejections .Considering the fact that I had no problems while transferring my H1 visa - should I be ok ?

Attorney didn't ask me for W2s - just last 3 yeard Tax returns .Attorney really scared me saying that bcos I don't have tax returns for 2001 - I could get an RFE .But I think what you said is right - lawyer is being conservative.

Is it possible for me to file taxes for 2001 NOW in 2004/2005 ?

unitednations ,
You mentioned that probably that persons case was on USCIS radar due to rejecton previously.

When you file for H1 transfer - you are not supposed to give SSN # .
SSN # is only given when you file for 485.
So they cannot use the SSN # for linking the two.

I am wondering what would be the other way for USCIS to link a person's H1 visa details to his I140 / 485 application ?

unitednations,

Can u guide me about what form I need to use to file taxes for a previous year ? is there a particular form to file 2001 taxes now ?
The company I used to work for then had filed for bankruptcy and none of the employees for a W2 from them.

unitednations said:
USCIS has all of our immigration information - i94, approvals, denials, etc. It is easy for them to make the link. When we complete the biographical information they look to see if it is consistent with our approval notices, etc.

Yes, you can file 2001 taxes now if you wanted to.

thank you unitednations. I don't have a W-2 for that year since my employer filed for bankruptcy. I need a form that I can fill when employer doesn't provide a W-2.

unitednations said:
I responded to your PM.

However, for everyone else, here is a link to 2001 tax forms. Note, you will have to go to your particular state web-site to get their tax forms for that year.
http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/lists/0,,id=97890,00.html