can I send PK3 after case is current and case# is received from NVC

sbz

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for CP in canada during I-140 appliction, My I-140 was approved on May 28, case created in NVC on June 17 and and was expecting a pckt3, but insted of PKt3 I just receive a letter for choosing the AOS or CP ( with the case #on the letter, the message on NVC says that my case is curent, can i just sent pkt3 with my own or wait for Pkt3 to be received from NVC and then return it to St.louis.
Please help, I think NVC will waste antoher month or two for sending me letter, did this happen to any one before or this is a new process

talk to ur lawyer and NVC - AC140 cn b an option

i am pursuing GC thro' AC140 so not really aware of NVC procedures. but from what I know - in regular CP case, consulate has to rcv ur pckt3 has thro' NVC.

Certain consulates like mumbai and i think delhi too, do aceept pckt3 if enclosed along with attorney certified 140 and I824 rcpt.
so if ur consulate is mumbai then go for AC140 and bypass NVC..just file I824..u'll hv rcpt in 3/4 weeks and generally u would send pck3+ac140+i824 recpt in nearly 5/6 weeks from I140 approval. go to www.immihelp.com for details on AC140.

BUT do talk to ur lawyer and NVC abt that letter..

Originally posted by sbz
can i just sent pkt3 with my own or wait for Pkt3 to be received from NVC and then return it to St.louis.

You will need to wait for the NVC to send you the Pkt 3 because along with the (usual downloadable and fillable) forms, they will also include a bar-coded FEE BILL that needs to be included with your returned documents.

In their instruction letter they state that not including this *may* delay your case.

Thanks Moulin Rouge for the pely and advise.
Why did NVC just sent this letter of adjustment without Pkt3 eventhought I have clearly marked in my I-140 application the I want to apply for CP. I seen couple of other poeply whose I-140 was approved on the same date have received Pkt3 instead of this letter.
Regards,

:confused:

Well.. this is a new policy the NVC is following.. These days almost everyone is filing 140 with the CP option with the intent to keep both doors open. Bad news for genuine CPer's..

The NVC (according to the operators) send this reconfirmation letter to people who have listed a US address in the 140. Fact is that while *most* people get it, a few escape...

In one word.. luck.. lets drink to that.

Any update?

sbz,

could you update how long did it take NVC to send and process (if done) the re-confirmation letter?

I get a similar status for my case that just went to NVC.

Thanks,

2b

Hi

Mine is the same case. I got a letter from NVC asking if iam going for CP or AOS. My attorney replied about four weeks back. I did not receive packet 3 till now. My friend who got his I 140 cleared after me got his Packet3 immidiately. Please let me know how long it takes to recieve packet 3.

Thanks
chella.

Well, I mail the letter back on 3rd july, did not hear any word from NVC for a month, finally I called them and was surprised to hear that they haven't receive my letter, the leter was sent through priority mail. Any way I faxed the letter to NVC and received Pkt3 next week (08/07), My attorney sent the pkt3 to S.Luis on 13th of August. now I am waiting for Interview date.
I called NVC last week, the operator mentioned that they received my mail on 20th of August and will complet the review soon, if everything will ok then I should exptect the interview in November and will receive letter in 2nd week of October.
I will keep you fellow posted.
Sbz
:)