Can I send original Passport in Internation Express Mail?

dip92

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

My brother got canadian permanent residency without any interview. But they told him to send his original passport with authorization to somebody and bring those to NY canadian embassy. So after stamping can I send those passport in USPS express mail or FED-EX to back home? Is there any original passport sending restriction? Please let me know if you have any experience.

Thanks and good luck to everybody!

Your question is if there are restrictions to send passports by USPS or other type of mail?
It it's that the case the answer is no. Is consider a document. Is more problematic to send food or something like that.

Good luck,

As far as i know, it is illegal to send passport internationally by mail.
Its ok for domestic. The only way a passport can travel international borders is that it has to be carried by its bearer.

I am sure USPS can clarify it more.

skb2005 said:
As far as i know, it is illegal to send passport internationally by mail.
Its ok for domestic. The only way a passport can travel international borders is that it has to be carried by its bearer.

I am sure USPS can clarify it more.

Thanks much everybody. I called usps and they answered, there is no problem and the customer service lady also double checked for any restriction for our country. And found nothing. She told me it will go as a document. But fedex is very problematic. They don't take passport.