Can I say approved?

nvmnd

Registered Users (C)
Finally... It's almost 22 months now, but it's over... Received the approval emails this afternoon. I don't even feel that excited, guess I am too exhausted. Anyway, this board is great. Thank you for all your help and good luck to everybody.

BTW, see my signature for time frames.

My friend!

nvmnd said:
Finally... It's almost 22 months now, but it's over... Received the approval emails this afternoon. I don't even feel that excited, guess I am too exhausted. Anyway, this board is great. Thank you for all your help and good luck to everybody.

So glad you are approved! You got to think about how to start fresh......
Baywatcher

baywatcher said:
So glad you are approved! You got to think about how to start fresh......
Baywatcher

Thank you! I hope you get approved soon too! It hasn't really hit me yet... It's probably gonna take a few days:)

wow.

congrats nvmnd! looks like NC was the only thing holding ur app..
hope the other folks (including me) stuck in NC will get thru soon...
------
485 nd-12/02
fp2-03/05

nvmnd said:

Congrats nvmnd.

congrats nvmnd - enjoy your freedom.

nvmnd said:

Congrats! How did you contact FBI regarding name check status? Thanks.

EB3
I-485 RD: 12/05/03
FP done: 4/17/04
LUD 12/24/04

potter said:
Congrats! How did you contact FBI regarding name check status? Thanks.

EB3
I-485 RD: 12/05/03
FP done: 4/17/04
LUD 12/24/04

I sent an email last October and got response in January saying name check was pending. Then I sent 4 letters between Feb 20 to March 24 to the FBI (2 certified, 2 express) requesting expedite. They finally responded to my last letter a few weeks ago saying name check was completed.

nvmnd,

First of all, Congrats. I am sure you will soon come out of the process exhaustion and would get excited about the freedom you got now.

Could you please tell me where you sent the email ( id) for name check and the letters (address)? Any help on the contents of the mail and letter would also be a great help.

My 140 approved a month back but 485 pending due to name check.

Thanks a lot in advance.

nvmnd said:
I sent an email last October and got response in January saying name check was pending. Then I sent 4 letters between Feb 20 to March 24 to the FBI (2 certified, 2 express) requesting expedite. They finally responded to my last letter a few weeks ago saying name check was completed.

Last edited by a moderator:
nvmnd said:
nvmnd..

Congrats...for the approval..

Would you mind sharing the format you used to send the certified mail/letter to FBI. I have been sending them emails from last 5 months with no avail.

Thanks
Ps

psangam70 said:
nvmnd..

Congrats...for the approval..

Would you mind sharing the format you used to send the certified mail/letter to FBI. I have been sending them emails from last 5 months with no avail.

Thanks
Ps

nvmnd,
congrats on your approval and enjoy your freedom ( atleast it gives you the freedom to pursue your interests other than the work defined in labor certificate :) ).

We would appreciate if you could post the format u used for expediting the name check with fbi. I filed my 485 in sep2003 and still waiting.

Thank you, guys. Sorry didn't get a chance to reply earlier... Here is what I did:

Sent an inquiry email in Oct 04, I just gave out my personal identification and asked for the status, received response in Jan 05 with a pending status.
FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov

Send certified letters to Hooton and Hardy around 2/20/2005, using the format from this thread:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136848

I was mostly complaining about the lengthy wait, I guess the words were too strong since I didn't get a response.

Two weeks later, sent another letter by Fedex to Hardy, using the format from this thread:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=162149&page=2&pp=30

As you can see, the words were much softer, but I didn't get a response either.

On 3/24/05, I sent a letter to Jonathan I. Solomon, Executive Assistant Director, Administration, FBI, Supposedly Hooton's boss. This time, I was trying to be both firm yet polite. I basically stated the fact that I had been waiting for >20 months while 98% of the name check got completed in 120 days according to the FBI congressional testimony, and the lengthy wait had caused emotional stress and financial loss to me. Sorry I couldn't post my letter, it had too much personal information. Anyway, I would suggest to read the following thread, especially posts from wonderfulboy between January 4 and January 15.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=56637&page=34&pp=30

I got the response on 4/7/05 saying the name check was finally completed. I can't be sure whether it was my last letter or simply cumulative effects of all; or it's simply my turn. It doesn't really matter anyway. I wasn't going to send another letter cause I thought I had exhausted all of my options, I guess I was lucky it did finally generate a postive response.

Good luck to you all.
Nvmnd

What is the role ?

Hi,

What did your Attorney tell ? Did he/she helped in anyways ? Cause in my case the Attorney says he will handle all the case and I must not worry. And it is very hard to believe this guy !!

-Sonpapdi

BTW, the Links are really good.

I485-RD Aug 2004
Emergency number suggested Name check pending

Last edited by a moderator:
sonpapdi said:
Hi,

What did your Attorney tell ? Did he/she helped in anyways ? Cause in my case the Attorney says he will handle all the case and I must not worry. And it is very hard to believe this guy !!

-Sonpapdi

BTW, the Links are really good.

I485-RD Aug 2004
Emergency number suggested Name check pending

Didn't have an attorney for my I-485...