can i reenter US with another country passport

smsm88

I am going to enter US as a Fulbrighter on J-1 visa. I am from less developed Asian country. I have 2 questions:
1- Do I HAVE TO back to my home country UPON completing my degree at US? I mean; Can I go to any other country (e.g. Canada) before back to home?
2- If I have a Canadian passport, Can I reenter US with this passport instead of my Asian one?
Thanks in advance

You can re-enter the U.S. as a nonimmigrant except for H or L visas and may not obtain an Immigrant Visa or adjust status to LPR in the U.S.

Persons who are subject remain so until they have:

1) gone home for the required time, or
2) obtained a waiver of the requirement.

The passage of years or decades does not negate the requirement. Time spent in another country does not count to fulfill it.

Giving up one’s citizenship and gaining citizenship elsewhere does not waive it. Example: Citizen of Country "X" is subject to 212(e). He leaves the U.S. and spends 10 years doing research in Country "Y." He obtains citizenship in Country "Y." He loses or gives up his citizenship in County "X." He remains subject to 212(e) with a return obligation to County "X." He must return there or obtain a waiver from there before he can obtain an H, L, or LPR visa.