Can I Prepone FP date ( PreSchedule)??

gruha

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I keep hearing lots of people mentioning on the site that they have done the FP before the INS FP date !!. Is there a way you could call or stand by and get this done before the INS schedule date. Would appreciate if some one could throw light on this.

Prepone FP

Friend,
You can prepone FP by visiting INS local office and asking for walk-in days. Usually this would not be problem in cities with less immigration.
I have done this recently at local office. Hope this helps you.

All the best,
Shaksh

Thank you Shaksh

Thanks for the reply. It helps.
Just another clarification : Is it that the local INS sets aside some days for walk-ins?. Also which local INS did you get it done?. Do I have to fill in any forms or is it just you go and if they find a slot they do it for you.?

I did FP in Cleveland, OH. I am not sure whether there are any specific dates for each INS local office. Also, it was mentioned in my FP notification sent by INS that if I am not able to make at particular date then I can visit on any consecutive Wednesday, please check the same in your notification.

Regarding forms, it would be done at INS local office. I think it would be better to visit your local INS office once with your query and see what they have to say....

Hope this helps and sorry for delayed reply.

FP Before Due Date

Hii
My FP date was March 8th and I was going to India on Feb 22nd. I walked to the local INS FP office on 19th around 12 (lunch time) and got the finger printing done.
As long as you do not have the notice they don't see your actual scheduled date.

Hope that helps.

Good luck..
Amit

FP

Sorry I meant as long as you have the notice they dont care what ur actual scheduled date is.

Amit

Messg for Amitg

Amitg, which state are you located in? I just wanted to know to evaluate my chances of getting a walk-in FP done, even I am scheduled to visit India.

Thanx