Can I play GC Lottery (DV)...

immiportal

Registered Users (C)
...when I have a pending I-485? My case has gone into investigation for no reason, and I heard it could take up to years. So I was wondering if I could play the lottery to at least have something to hope for.

immiportal said:
...when I have a pending I-485? My case has gone into investigation for no reason, and I heard it could take up to years. So I was wondering if I could play the lottery to at least have something to hope for.

Investigation? How long have you been waiting?

immiportal,
the GC lottery eligibility is dependent on nationality. citizens of certain countries are not granted the right to participate in the lottery. you can find it out easily from the lottery website.

We had our interview in March, and the case was FBI pending name check. However, not long ago, my lawyer found out that the case has gone into investigation which she is not happy about at all. She said this could take up to months or even up to years, nobody knows basically.

I'm born in a country where it's on the list of qualified countires, so I will be able to enter.

Can anybody recommend me a site? I've heard some websites being fraudulent, so I'm a little afraid to just google and decide on my own.

Thank you!

It's becuase I want to enter once for multiple times (years) and not worry about it for the next several years (and hopefully get an unexpected winning notice in the mail!!).

It looks like the official government website is not accepting any entrees any more as it the entering is closed for the next drawing. In the other hand, I saw some non-official website where I can enter once for next 5 years or so and they enter them for me automatically each year; are these fraudulent ones??

How long could a case get delayed if moved across the nation?

I submitted everything in one of the biggest cities in the States, and now we are considering to relocate to a way smaller state and city where my spouse is originally from.

Considering the fact our case is already in an exceptional status (investigation), I was wondering how longer could the moving affect the waiting time.

I read some threads about moving, and it gave me an impression that it's usually 6 months to a year delay.

immiportal said:
. In the other hand, I saw some non-official website where I can enter once for next 5 years or so and they enter them for me automatically each year; are these fraudulent ones??
Difficult to say it's fraudulent or not only with that info.
Nothing prevent them from filing for 5 successive years, as long as they file separate entry every year.
But DV might be ended next year or 2 or 3, why need to file application for 5 years ?

Last edited by a moderator:
GotPR? said:
Difficult to say it's fraudulent or not only with that info.
Nothing prevent them from filing for 5 successive years, as long as they file separate entry every year.
But DV might be ended next year or 2 or 3, why need to file application for 5 years ?
... and why pay someone to enter a few lines for you when you can do it yourself. :confused:
As for multiple entries... It's just going to get the price higher. :D