can I open my company after green card and hire someone

nrmurli

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends,

I have a contract at hand which I want to pass on to a friend who does not have H1 to work. Can I open my own company and sponsor his H1 and take the contract? Any one who has done this? What documents do I need to show that I have sufficient background to sponsor H1. I shall appreciate the responses very very much. Thanks.

regards
nr

Hi NR,

You can open a company but you would not be able to sponsor an H1. H1 can be sponsored only if company has a background and ability to pay.

It used to be simpler previously but not any longer.

AK

nope...that's not true.

You can open a consulting company and hire H1 employees or even sponsor an h1 visa. You don't have to worry about anything ! I had a bunch of my friends who started their own company and had their friends and family work for them on H1.

Hi Shryadish,

I have been filing H1s for past 3 years for my company. Now INS asks for all the details abt taxes, physical location, office pictures and other financial stuff.

2-3 years back, it was nothing.

Timing is important here...
When did your friend started sponsoring H1 ??

Starting company may be leagal..
but not guarantee that H1 will be approved.:D:D

Both will be under immigrantion fraud

Hi Jay,

I had RFE for Employment letter, pay stubs, tax and my wife had RFE for Birth certificate and marriage certificate.

I am sure that BCIS will not approve your H1 petition if you don't have a financial history.

I dont see why you cannot start your own company after your GC is approved. And also sponser H1B visas if you can provide sufficient financial resources.

A friend of mine has started his own company. Right now its a one man show. If he sponsers someone on an H1, i'll let you know. :)

Thanks,

Hope99_hub