can I only take one advance parole?

huimeizheng

Registered Users (C)
Hello, everyone, I got my advance parole approvals (two identical papers with my phone on it). When I come back to the U.S., can I only take one advance parole approval with me? I want to leave another one in a safe place. I am afraid that if I lose both of them, I can not come back. Is that OK that I only take one advance parole approval with me? Thank you very much.

This is a very good question. Some people get two copies, but some get three. I got three, for example, but haven't used AP yet. In many posts around here, people who get two copies give both to the immigration officer. If you give both, then two things can happen: The officer stamps them and then gives them back to you, or s/he stamps them, keeps one, and gives the other back to you.

I don't know what would happen if you only gave one. I haven't read that anywhere. But since some people have experienced the border agent keeping one copy, it is probably best to have both with you just to avoid the hassle. It seems like the border people themselves aren't settled on what the procedure is. You may get other replies here that contradict this message or elaborate on it, which is further proof that there is not clear set system!!

Yes, you can take just one copy. That is exactly what my wife did when she went to India in December last year. She had three approval copies, she left one in the US and took two with her. She only showed one at the POE. She had no issues.

What happens to nonimmigrant visa when one enters USA on AP? Will that invalidate the current nonimmigrant status. I am asking this since my spouse in on a G4 visa.

Thanks.

Yes, you can take just one copy. That is exactly what my wife did when she went to India in December last year. She had three approval copies, she left one in the US and took two with her. She only showed one at the POE. She had no issues.

We just used one AP and that's just fine. I believe 2nd or 3rd AP is for multiple trips. In the form also you mention if you need one or multiple trip.

My H1 expired march 28th 2007. i have the I-94 from that H1 extention which expired 03/29/2007. i have an approved AP which i filed prior to the expiration of the i-94 which is valid for multiple entires till april of 2008 . I have a renewed my EAD which is good through july 2008. I am traveliing to India next month. will the expired I-94 create any problem . I am derivative applicant and my husbands GC has been already approved . Please help.