can I make stamping appointment in regional offices at my choice

teene

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I wonder if anyone had experience to stamp the passport at a different regional office than the one designated for my zip code area?

Additionally, if I make an appointment for the stamping through InfoPass, is it convenient to cancel or change the appointment at later time?

Thanks a lot for sharing the info.

When I did my stamping, a "prove of residence" document is required: dirving licence, Bills with name and address, etc....

Cpage said:
When I did my stamping, a "prove of residence" document is required: dirving licence, Bills with name and address, etc....

Cpage:

Do you imply for instance, if we are covered by Arlington regional office, we may not be able to get our passports stamped at Baltimore office?

Please clarify. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Proof of residence

I don't think you need a "Proof of residence" for stamping. I believe they just want to make sure that they will send the card to the correct address. When I did my stamping, the officer just asked if the address they have on file is current but didn't ask me to show any proof. Also, if it was required, they would have mentioned it on the approval notice.

You dont need any proof of residence and you may select the stamping office of your choice.

pv1976,

To follow up your response further, would it matter even though on the approval notice it specified or recommended a nearby regional office for processing, if I decided to go to another office because the nearest one's appointment pool is full?

Thank you.

pv1976 said:
You dont need any proof of residence and you may select the stamping office of your choice.

It may depend on the officer who distribute tickets. Who knows?

The office I ran into mentioned the "Proof of Residence" document to a young woman. I was standing next to her.

She only has some kind of ID, but the the officer didn't take it.
Even though she has the infopass appointment, the officier refued to give her a ticket. She was very upset as you can image.
She told the office "you didn't mention it in the notice"
The officer (who is also a woman) said "okay, but you still need it to get a ticket".

yeah...Cpage is right. It all depends on how friendly and understanding the office or the officers are.
But to reiterate what i said...Stamping is like your FP process. You can do it at any service center.
On my notice, I was asked to go to the service center in Minneapolis. But i was in New Hampshire and i went to Manchester, NH for my stamping. I didnt have any problems.

My Experience

It looks like whether people are able to get PP stamped at various center solely depends on the judgement of officers the center you go to.

My experience was that getting PP stamp at Baltimore was not possible, if I did not have proof of residence in MD.

Hi, I have been trying to setup appointment for both myself and my wife at Arlington office. I couldn't succeed till now. Can I setup appointment for Norfolk service center instead? Seems like Norfolk service center is good. Both Norfolk and Arlington office both in Virginia. So does it creates any problem?

Thanks for your responses.

YES you do need proof of residence if you are visiting another office than in your state. A driving license should be good enough.

pv1976 said:

I live in Virginia itself. Based on InfoPass site for my zip code, I am getting Arlington office. But since Norfolk is also in the same state, do you think I can give some Richmand zip code and setup appointment for Norfolk service center?

Proof of residence is required if you are out of state.

va-gc said:
I live in Virginia itself. Based on InfoPass site for my zip code, I am getting Arlington office. But since Norfolk is also in the same state, do you think I can give some Richmand zip code and setup appointment for Norfolk service center?

va-gc,

I personally did not try any center other than Fairfax one (now the Arlington one moved to Fairfax). You may give it a try to Norfolk, but if you live in Northern VA area, you have to drive couple of hours to Norfolk.

At the same time, keep trying Arlington/Fairfax at various time during the day, for example, early in the morning b4 9:00am, or afternoon after 2pm.

Good luck.

Yeah I am trying to see if I could able to get appointment in Arlington center too.

If Norfolk don't accept it, will that create any problem?

Hi va-gc,

I am also living in Arlington, VA. Have been trying to make an appointment from infopass. However, I still cannot be allowed to schedule. Have you tried the Norfolk one? Please let me know once you can through the Fairfax center.

Thanks.