Can I leave US without an AP document?

No

gc_seeker2004 said:
All Immigration gurus,

currently I am in India on vacation, My VISA (stamped on passport) has expired when I was in US. I do have H1 extension valid until Aug 2006. I was planning to get VISA stamped while in India. Now I am planning to use Advance parole which I had applied before leaving for India, I have asked one of my friends to send me advance parole by FedEx as soon it comes in mail.

can I travel on advance parole ?
-------------------------NO. You cannot come back using AP which was approved when you were not in the US. ( Don't even try it. You may jeopardize your I-485 ).I have already got my EAD.

please let me know
thanks,
gc_seeker2004

My family ( wife & 2 kids ) just got back from Pakistan and i gave them only one copy of AP each based on my previous experience and they did not have any problem returning at JFK.

my experience

I have used Ap half a dozen times, thrice with fresh AP's. I used to carry two hand luggage with a AP in each. Each time i would offer only one AP but the officer would ask for other copy also. Different POE, Detroit, Memphis and the lst trip at LAX.

masood_55 said:
My family ( wife & 2 kids ) just got back from Pakistan and i gave them only one copy of AP each based on my previous experience and they did not have any problem returning at JFK.

Hello Masood_55,

I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for mine:

1. When you left US did you get an exit stamp?

2. Was this the first time you travelled on AP and if not did you get a exit stamp the first time you travelled on AP?

3. When you were in Pakistan did you have to get a document/certificate which would authenticate that your AP was real?

Thank you in advance.

GC4LIFE

Here is the responce to your questions.

I traveled April this year and i reported to Special Registration desk of Immigration at JFK airport and they did put an exit stamp.

Yes it was my first visit using AP.

While in Pakistan i did not have to sign anythind else , both airlines and FIA at the airport are familiar with the AP.

As i mentioned in my posting my family just got back from Pakistan using AP with no problem.

Hope that answers your questions.

Masood_55,

Thank you for the information. I have travelled to Pakistan and when I leaving Atlanta airport I was told that I did not need to get the exit stamp because I am on AP. Do you know if the rule has changed recently?

Thanks

masood_55 said:
GC4LIFE

Here is the responce to your questions.

I traveled April this year and i reported to Special Registration desk of Immigration at JFK airport and they did put an exit stamp.

Yes it was my first visit using AP.

While in Pakistan i did not have to sign anythind else , both airlines and FIA at the airport are familiar with the AP.

As i mentioned in my posting my family just got back from Pakistan using AP with no problem.

Hope that answers your questions.

If I remember correctly, people on "parolee" status (last entered the country using AOS/parole document) were excluded from special registration requirements.

Help

I have a valid H1 till Mar 2006 and I also have a Advance Parole.
I am planning to visit India during month of Febuarary' 2005.

My question is :
1) Can I travel on my H1 and not use the Advance Parole at all?
2) If I do not use the Advance Parole ,will it affect my 140/485 provessing?

Gurus,
Please let me know what is the advantage of using AP over H1.

Thanks!

kewlsans said:
I have a valid H1 till Mar 2006 and I also have a Advance Parole.
I am planning to visit India during month of Febuarary' 2005.

My question is :
1) Can I travel on my H1 and not use the Advance Parole at all? -------- YES
2) If I do not use the Advance Parole ,will it affect my 140/485 provessing? -------- NO

Gurus,
Please let me know what is the advantage of using AP over H1. ----------- NONE

Thanks!

I have used my AP twice while entering through Chicago. I have showed both the copies each time. The officer stamped both the copies and returned both of them both the times.

Infact when I used it the first time, I asked the officer if one of the copies was ment for him. To which he said negative and returned both to me.

I was told by my lawyer, that one copy is retained by the officer, which made me ask the officer at POE.

Question on AP document

Folks pls help:

My AP is approved and the status changed to: "This case has been approved. On January 4, 2005, an approval notice was mailed"

My question is is this the actual AP document or just a notice of approval?

If they are different does it mean they are yet to prepare the AP document?

Thanks