Can I leave the US after File N400?

goldfish168

Me and my wife just filed the N400 form at early oct 2005.
Can I leave US to taiwan after we file N400?

Does anyone know the processing time in Texas processing center?
The time frame of FP, TEST and oath ?

Thank you very much

Vincent

After applying for N-400, I travelled, so I think you can also, as long as your trip falls within the timerange specified by USCIS for naturalization applicants. I am not sure about the details, since my trip was very short. I would check on that to make sure

You can check the processing times for Texas by going to https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

You can go for trips as long as you maintain residence and can get the letters from USCIS opened to know when to go for appointments.

Do a search on the forum for your District Office. For the San Antonio DO, it was 3 months for me. For N-400, the processing time is related to the district office, not the processing center.

I had to travel during the interview waiting period and the examiner just asked me to complete the form with the newer dates and no problem at all. Approved in the end and waiting for the oath cerimony invitation. Anyway not even with the new travel I've reached six month out of the country period so you should be ok also.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply and I am really appreciate it.
I have couple more question.
1. When should I expected to receipt something from USCIS? I mailed N400 to Texas processing center on Oct 4th 2005, but how do I know which district office will process my application?
2. Is that by then I know the receipt number?
3. When do I know the dates for finger print?

Thanks

Vincent