Can I leave current job?

bestwishestoall

Registered Users (C)
After stamping on the passport, can I leave my current job? My application was EB2 NIW. Is there any requirement on continuing to work for the same employer and the same job for a period of time (like 6 month?) Thanks.

Some say u have to stay with your employer at least 6 more months after I485 approval. And it would be becasue of a future citizenship application. There is no clear regulation here.

Has any citizenship applicant ever been asked "how long have you stayed with your sponsoring company after greencard?" I've never heard of such cases. Pus, many people changed their jobs during 485 process, after 180 days of filing. So there is no way to enforce the 6-month rule here, if there is one.

Just my 2-cents.

Changing jobs before 485 is approved is different than changing jobs after. Any GC petition that is sponsored by an employer ( not a sefl petition), requires the applicant to stay with the final sponsoring employer for about an year to show that the job for whihc GC was approved was really there and it was not a fraud application where the applicant and the sponsor colluded and got the GC for applicant without any job.

There are no laws pertaining to this however the statutes talk about the fraudlent intent and lawyers support it. At the time of citizenship, USCIS may or may not invoke their right to detect such a fraud, the onus is on the applicant to show that there was no fraudlent intent. Thus it is advisable to atleast stick to the sponsoring employer for about 6 months.

what if the company went out of business.

What if the sponsor went out of business before GC was approved and the applicant used AC21 to get a new job. The applicant did not inform USCIS about the change.

As you guys saying 6 months to be same employer can any one point me to such a document or website. I have not seen any restriction of such.

If anyone can point me source of such rule would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

I just checked with attorney, he told me that since I was applying under NIW, I have to work in the same field after obtaining GC. Is it so restricted?

My attorney told me there is a requirement to stay with the same employer for a 6 month period after stamping. If you do not, then it is thought that you applied for the green card for a reason other than working for the current employer.

My thoughts are that this is all fine and dandy when the green card process took a bit over a year but when you are looking at 2.5+ years, there has to be some degree of flexibility.

What ?

Guys I thought we are done with all this, any definte answer, does anyone can point where this clause is ? about staying how long with current employer

I may go for 5 months and 29 day vacation