Can I join Military?

Call a recruiter... They will love to talk to you (Just be sure you really want to join... Giving a recruiter your name, address and phone number is worse then being stalked by an X :)) I don't see why not, there are a lot in the military who are not citizens. A lot join the military to get citizenship earlier. I don't see how the conditional part of your GC would stop it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much cherr..well i actually last year took the asvab etc- and was simply waiting for the greencard..my damn software job is way too freggin borring otherwise..

Yes you can join. Certain branches of the military might have different requirements. For example. to join the airforce you will need a 10-year green card. The army are less picky and pretty much you can join any of the three other branches (army, marines or navy) with your conditional greencard. Let me know if you have any questions because I know all about this. I have been trying to join but still waiting on my name check and on my green card to be able to enlist.

Good luck.

Moneer.

Moneer81 said:
Yes you can join. Certain branches of the military might have different requirements. For example. to join the airforce you will need a 10-year green card. The army are less picky and pretty much you can join any of the three other branches (army, marines or navy) with your conditional greencard. Let me know if you have any questions because I know all about this. I have been trying to join but still waiting on my name check and on my green card to be able to enlist.

Good luck.

Moneer.

Hey Moneer,

Thanks for the advise man. Are those Bonuses for real? I want to clear my debts and even just $15000 would clear it. Would I get that much? I got an MS/BS from USA in Comp Sci from US and have a 94 on ASVAB.