• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Can I go from AOS to CP???

rga

Registered Users (C)
Please could somebody help with advise.

My DV2005 number has been current since January 2005. I have filed AOS, got work permit and now waiting for finger printing and interview.

I am concerned to go through AOS interview because I worked 2 weeks without authorization about year and a half ago.

Question: Can I switch to CP? Is it too late for CP?

Thank you for your help.

rga said:
Please could somebody help with advise.

My DV2005 number has been current since January 2005. I have filed AOS, got work permit and now waiting for finger printing and interview.

I am concerned to go through AOS interview because I worked 2 weeks without authorization about year and a half ago.

Question: Can I switch to CP? Is it too late for CP?

Thank you for your help.

I heard from other people that it is possible, but only if Kentucky Consular Center hasn't sent your file to your USCIS District office yet. You should call Kentucky Consular Center and ask. If they hasn't sent it yet, they can send it to your country and you can go to Consular processing.

CP vs. AOS

It is possible, but you have to hurry up, because KCC needs 6-8 weeks to process your file, and then give out interview dates for 2 month! That is cutting it very close to Sept.!! Good luck!!
I was also thinking about CP once I send all my papers for AOS, but thank god I stayed here, I got my interview and stamp and now only waiting for the "real stuff" in the mail!

Good luck again!

Agi, could you please share what kind of interview questions you were asked? My fp is sheduled for March 18th and the interview will be next.

Thank you for your help