Can I go for PP stamping with printout of Approval mail ?

sunny_sunday

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 was approved last week, but neither I nor my lawyer has
received the approval notice yet. Can I take a printout of I-485
approval on USCIS website for PP stamping to SFO office ?

You need to take an info pass appointment, which usually hands out dates AFTER 2 weeks, which gives you enough time to get the approval notice in hand. But unless you are in a blazing hurry to get your passport stamped, you might just want to wait another couple of days. Besides approval in the last week, does not denote a long wait.

Take it easy, you are over the hump, now it is just the small formalities that are left.

Sunny_sunday's question is very simple and clear. Whether the printout is okay for PP stamping.

Sunny: The answer is YES, if its an emergency. I have read in this forum that people have done that (but not sure whether its in CSE). Please consult your lawyer.

sunny_sunday said:
You probably have not yet received your approval notice because of the long weekend.

Unless you are in dire emergency you would be better off going with either courtesy copy or original. But if you are in real dire emergency, give it a shot with the printout and hopefully you will run into a nice officer who does not cause too much pain and stamps your passport right away. In case you take printout, take your 485 receipt, and other relevant documents and pictures blah blah blah....
Good Luck

when I try to schedule an appointment through infopass, I get the following
error:

"You cannot schedule any more appointments at this time."

Though I haven't scheduled any appointment before. Did anyone get this
message too ?

I got this message (but after successfully made one attempt). Then I deleted Internet Explorer's cookies and it worked just fine. delete the temporary files also.

Options:

(a) Chill out & Wait for the courtesy copy / original -- should come soon

(b) If its a real emergency, you can still travel with a valid AP - there was some discussion here about this .... do a search

(c) Try the online printout stuff -- what do you lose ?

Spam

venkatprakash said:
Sunny_sunday's question is very simple and clear. Whether the printout is okay for PP stamping.
:D is wamby pamby venkatprakash anooyed? Poor baby.

Max,

Not sure why you deleted that post about Firefox, use it myself and love it! :)

140_takes_4ever said:
:D is wamby pamby venkatprakash anooyed? Poor baby.

Max,

Not sure why you deleted that post about Firefox, use it myself and love it! :)
Didn't want to annoy someone that's already annoyed ;)
I sure as hell love Firefox -- the same browser on all of my varied platforms - yay !!

heck -- I didn't know mods have access to deleted posts as well ;)

:) Mods do have some powers, I could bring back that post if you so desired. Or make it vanish from public vision.

No idea why people are so annoyed these days. The forum is definitely facing one of those slack periods. I guess the flood of approvals is pushing people inside their houses while causing some creatures to crawl from under the rocks. :)

But I love Firefox! Specially the tab option. No more clutter on my desktop with hundreds of windows open the way I like to browse. Not to mention a blow against the evil empire. GO FIREFOX!

Uh, er, ahem, oh mighty mod,

Us Mac users have been using tabs on our browsers for ageeeesssssssss.

Sorry, couldn't let that one slide. Delete me if you must :eek: , but macs still rule :D

140_takes_4ever said:
:) Mods do have some powers, I could bring back that post if you so desired. Or make it vanish from public vision.

No idea why people are so annoyed these days. The forum is definitely facing one of those slack periods. I guess the flood of approvals is pushing people inside their houses while causing some creatures to crawl from under the rocks. :)

But I love Firefox! Specially the tab option. No more clutter on my desktop with hundreds of windows open the way I like to browse. Not to mention a blow against the evil empire. GO FIREFOX!
Whoo .... fear the mods :D

Yeah -- FF has been a blessing ( even when it was still Firebird --> Phoenix ) ...
I love the built-in/configurable pop-up blocker as well -- sweet
plus u are free from all those weird adwares/spywares etc etc

imo, konqueror comes a close second !!

ok -- enough of this OT stuff (lest I enrage the mod !! )

Ack! Enough of the fear the mod posts! This is the forum where there is almost no interference from the mods. You are giving us a bad rap. :)

I agree Mac has had some cool features, used to use them all the time back in school, just that those damn @#$'s at apple never learnt to market their OS like the evil empire did, so getting good quality IDE's was always a problem. But whatever said and done, give me Linux/Unix any day. :) With Eclipse and Firefox, I am finally free. :)

But you are right too much OT! And it isn't even Friday.

sunny_sunday said:

You need original or courtsey copy of I-485 approval notice for stamping and entering into the USCIS local office. Wait a couple more days and make an inquiry if you do not receive within 14 days. Good luck!

See ..... even after all of this OT posts, there is someone that tries to stay on topic :p

Good job ;)

Sunny Sunday,

Do u hat passport stamping without Approval Notice.I am also in same boat.
I am also waiting for approval notice. My case got approved on 9/3/04

Thank you

I didn't try for stamping last week since I thought I will get the notice soon.
Though I haven't received my approval notice yet.

When does the notice get sent actually ? Is it on the day the case is
approved or when the online status changes ? I got approval e-mail one
week after the date on which case was approved as per online message.

I haven't received my approval notice yet. Though I got an e-mail that my
case was approved on 2nd. Will I need to file Form I-824 (Application
for Action on an Approved Application or Petition) with CSC to get a duplicate of approval notice ? From the posts on this forum, it looks like
I can not get my PP stamped without approval notice.