Can I Get New Ssn Rather Than Using My Old Not Valid For Employment Ssn?

jnj

Registered Users (C)
I was issued an old ssn not valid for employment card in the early 1990s but i dont want to included that on my application because it might show my past such as a california dl and credit cards....i am apllying as someone who has lived here from 2000 and on...i got married and am an overstay...thanks

jnj said:
I was issued an old ssn not valid for employment card in the early 1990s but i dont want to included that on my application because it might show my past such as a california dl and credit cards....i am apllying as someone who has lived here from 2000 and on...i got married and am an overstay...thanks

I am going to give you some advice and I know you will probably not take this kindly ----- don't be a fool.

normally you cannot get a new number. you are stuck with the same old number forever.

getting a different number can be done but it is only granted in rare situations and it is much more trouble than it's worth

pianoplayer said:
I am going to give you some advice and I know you will probably not take this kindly ----- don't be a fool.
I was thinking the exact same thing.

You can get a new SS card that doesn't have the "Not valid without INS auth" wording on it, when you have your green card.

"I am going to give you some advice and I know you will probably not take this kindly ----- don't be a fool"

okay,but how exactly does the ins know if i have an old not valid for employment card...Also those cards were issued like candy back in the early 90s so anyone could open a bank acct or get a drivers license...thats how i got my old cal dl...but things have changed...

Surely when they put your name in the social security database it will pop up that you have a SS# already

jnj said:
"I am going to give you some advice and I know you will probably not take this kindly ----- don't be a fool"

okay,but how exactly does the ins know if i have an old not valid for employment card...Also those cards were issued like candy back in the early 90s so anyone could open a bank acct or get a drivers license...thats how i got my old cal dl...but things have changed...

Push a couple of buttons.....up pops your file.....up pops your old number. But wait, my mistake, perhaps you already changed your name, and possibly your eye and hair color.

jnj said:

Dude, just turn yourself in to ICE and get deported. If you seriously think you can get away with any of the shit you're talking about on here, then your fate is sealed already.

dr_lha said:
Dude, just turn yourself in to ICE and get deported. If you seriously think you can get away with any of the shit you're talking about on here, then your fate is sealed already.

I reckon he'd be OK with the new retina implant, skin replacement on fingertips, a name change, and a bottle of hair dye don't you??

how did you get the social? if you lied and did fraud, then you are in trouble. but if you had the ability to get one and got it, don't worry about it. besdies, they will know about it. no sense of hidding it.

Yeah I'd like that too...sure would be nice...u could take a loan, swap numbers, throw around the It-wasn't-me gambit and play dumb when it's time to pay back.

Unless ur situation is messed up by default and u're gonna be deported anyhow I wouldn't recommend trynna out-smart the government...if u're in the system..they'll know.

Be upfront from the get-go...little things lead to bigger things and before u know it u would have caused irreversible damage.

Play safe...these things have a way of coming back to haunt u.

Just so u know...fraud in relation to governmental agencies passes the litmus test for the almighty crime of moral turpitude.

Last edited by a moderator:
pianoplayer said:
I reckon he'd be OK with the new retina implant, skin replacement on fingertips, a name change, and a bottle of hair dye don't you??
I was more picturing him walking into the SS Office wearing a Groucho Marx style glasses/nose/moustace combination. Would work just as well as some of the ideas he's having.

we all know there were states where illegal aliens got licenses. legal and valid licenses. in some the aim to give them one and in others it was a loophole that illegals saw and took. it wasn't mandatory to have a social or be legal.

if that was the case here and our friend did everything by the book and he was given a number, there isn't a problem. but if he went out and gave bad info and said he was a citizen etc, then he is in real trouble.

Inquisor: Almost all states now require proof of legal residence for a State ID in compliance with the REAL ID Act. Its getting increasingly hard for illegals to legally get licenses.

that is true. i was talking more in the past. they did it by the book. no lies or things like that. and if thtais what our friend did, there shouldn't be a problem.

no fraud involved,i dont know why everybody jumps on the crime thing...if you dont know back in the 1990s anybody could get an ss card to open bank accts or get a drivers license.You just showed them your passport at any federal building.

jnj said:
no fraud involved,i dont know why everybody jumps on the crime thing...if you dont know back in the 1990s anybody could get an ss card to open bank accts or get a drivers license.You just showed them your passport at any federal building.

Please listen to me very carefully. I could not care less whether you obtained your SS card for legitimate purposes back in 1990. That is not the issue. The fact is that you are now trying to defraud USCIS by trying to get a new SS number, pretending you were never here in the 1990s etc. -----that is basically what you said in your own words. And if you want to try and pull that off, you are either a criminal or a fool ---- LIKELY BOTH.

then don't worry about it. unless you molested a child and the system has you under that number, don't worry. so who cares if they find your info? it shows you have been here since that time. unless you are a horrible customer, it will show you pay your bills. it will show you have a good driving record. any dwis? any charges for leaving the scene of a crash? if not, don't worry.

unless you used that number to get sensitive gov't jobs and things like that. or you want to hide criminal things you did with that number, don't worry. you are not the first, only, nor the last person that will change status that has one of those numbers. social security will update the info or give you a new one. that is all.

dr_lha said:
Inquisor: Almost all states now require proof of legal residence for a State ID in compliance with the REAL ID Act. Its getting increasingly hard for illegals to legally get licenses.

Yeah but come on, that is like saying most states have speed limits so it is getting harder and harder to drive fast. "Proof" is very easy to create/buy and your average DMV employee has no clue - and they are DMV employees not USCIS employees so I can't really fault them for that.

I renewed my licence in the summer. When I got the licence initially I had to show my H1-B. The expiration of the H1B was before the expiration of the licence - a big no-no under REAL ID. When I renewed my licence, nobody asked if I had a new visa or anything, even though that is also part of REAL ID. They took my $23, took a new photo said thank you very much and gave me a new licence. I figured since I will soon have a green card (and now do) it doesn't really matter, but I think technically my licence was not legit in the eyes of REAL ID.