Can I get my green card back?

wolldav

Hi all. Here's a long story short. 1993 got a drug charge. Ended up in court and was charged with delivery of controlled substance (aggregated felon in the eyes of immigration). My punishment was 3 years probation. Completed probation and went on to live a good life. Went on holiday in 1996 and on return was brought in a room and told that I am deportable. Green Card was taken and I was allowed the to enter the states and await letters for immigration hearing. Went to court say 3 different times. Process took so long I gave up and bought a ticket and went back to my home country (England).

9 and a half years has passed and I went to the US embassy for a visa. After telling them why I left the states I was denied the visa but was told that they will apply for a waiver (212 d) (3) (A) for me. After a 6 month processing time I was granted a visa with the waiver, I asked for a b1/b2 non immigration visa to visit the states. The visa has a 1 year expiration date with multiple entries.

I don't want to live back in the states but I would like my green card back so I can travel back and forth without using a visa.

I was living in the states since the age of 8 and left when I was 33.

So the question is, can I get my green card back now that I have the waiver on my visa?

Thank you

I don't want to live back in the states but I would like my green card back so I can travel back and forth without using a visa.

Dumb da da dumb! LOL!!! I had a good laugh reading your post... You CANNOT use green card for traveling as a tourist to the USA... That what we have TOURIST VISAS for. Green Card is for people that want to be residents of this country, you obviously don't want that... so good thing that they actually took your GC away from you.
Even if there was any chance for you to get it back, sooner or later you would lose it again if you don't plan on living in the USA. You are old enough too know better... :rolleyes:

What process do I have to take in order to return to the u.s

Hello, my Name is gabriel, I had lived in the U.S. since I was 6 years old when i turned 18 i got a class (C FELONY) for bad checks. I am currently 29 years old, in 2012 i was deported due to this felony.. I tried to fight the case while in the u.s but homeland security said due to the felony in immigration status it was aggrivated.. I have kids in the U.S and my family is there. mother, sisters. i would like some help in order to get my green card back and return to my family. can someone give me advise on what to do...

Hello, my Name is gabriel, I had lived in the U.S. since I was 6 years old when i turned 18 i got a class (C FELONY) for bad checks. I am currently 29 years old, in 2012 i was deported due to this felony.. I tried to fight the case while in the u.s but homeland security said due to the felony in immigration status it was aggrivated.. I have kids in the U.S and my family is there. mother, sisters. i would like some help in order to get my green card back and return to my family. can someone give me advise on what to do...

why didn't you naturalize assuming you had greencard long time? that's your biggest mistake...