Can I get EAD from local INS

WaitingForI485

Registered Users (C)
my h1 will expired the end of this month, I applied for EAD through my lawer last month, doesn\'t seem can get it before h1 expired.
Can I go to loacal INS to get it? if there is gap between h1 and EAD, will it affect my green in the future?

Please give me some suggestion.

you can get it from local INS

My husband and I got our EAD from local INS in Boston. We took our passports and the notification letter and in 2 hours we got our EAD.
I don’t know what would happen if you have a gap between h1 and EAD.

EAD at local office ...

You can get the EAD in same day processing at SOME Local offices - Boston is one - I\'m not sure what others do - some do and some don\'t - check with your local office before trying. (Or ask your attorney - this is information they should be able to give you).

which kind of document should I bring

thanks lot for the reply.
Which kind of document should i bring.
Should I go there very very early, heard lot of news aobut how crowd it is.

No Title

what is your local INS office?

Usually you need a copy of the 485 receipt, form. INS usually takes their own pictures for EAD

You have to have either EAD or H1 to work

If your H1 is expired and EAD hasnt come thru then you cannot work but stay in USA as your i-485 is pending. That\'s what my lawyer told me. I was in similar situation. My EAD was applie dabout 100 days before H1 expiry. However if you are waiting for more than 90 days after applying for EAD you can get interim EAD. Some offices like Boston (which I am sure of) give you interim EAD staright away and some not. They ask you to contact Vermont SC.

I am not an expert nor a lawyer. I am just reproducing what I was told when I was waiting for EAD. Fortunately I recvd EAD few days before H1 expiry. Check with your lawyer whether you can work legally in the interim period (after H1 expiry and before receipt of EAD). Your company can pay you salary advance or bonus like that but I am not sure whether you can recv paystubs.

Once again pls verify these info with experts. Now-a-days INS is following zero tolerance policy and slight mistakes can cause trouble.

if I applied EAD through lawer already,

Can I go to local INS just like people who never applied for it? or they won\'t give me, just let me go home and wait. if that\'s the case, I really should go local INS at total beginning.