Can I get a J visa for my nephew? He is 11 years old

dicolmo

Hi. I appreciate any help and orientation regarding this matter:
I am an American citizen since 1983, and I am interested on bringing my 11 year old nephew from Colombia, to California where I live, to study and learn English for a period not longer than a year. His parents named me his legal guardian so I can take care of him while he is here in the States.
My question is: Can I get a J visa for him and how can I do it? I am able to take care of all the expenses related to his trip and assume the financial responsibility, but NOT to pay a private school. Thanks for your help. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. I appreciate any help and orientation regarding this matter:
I am an American citizen since 1983, and I am interested on bringing my 11 year old nephew from Colombia, to California where I live, to study and learn English for a period not longer than a year. His parents named me his legal guardian so I can take care of him while he is here in the States.
My question is: Can I get a J visa for him and how can I do it? I am able to take care of all the expenses related to his trip and assume the financial responsibility, but NOT to pay a private school. Thanks for your help. :)

No you can not.