Can I fo FP early than scheduled time?

Ding Ding

Registered Users (C)
I have FP scheduled 03/06/01. But I do have time next Wednesday. I heard that you can walk in every Wednesday.

No Title

I did that. Dosent harm. FP cleared by FBI on 02/22/01.

FP Notice recd. 02/22/01 FP done 02/22/01 Actual date :03/15/01

ND 01/25/00

No Title

mewar_se,

could you please share your experience in detail?

1.Which city have you done your FP?

2.What time have you been there for FP done. Did you get up very early?

3.Did they ask you any question? Have you showed them any special material(like AirTicket)?

4.2/22/01(Yesterday) is Thursday. it looks like we could choose any day to do FP instead of every Wednesday.

Really appreciate!

No Title

mewar_se, can you also tell us, if you were asked any questions of why you were early, any proof of evidence etc.

No Title

No they just saw my EAD, saw my drivers licence and in 10 minutes it was done. No Q\'s asked.

I did it at VAN NUYS, CA.

No Title

mewar_se, from your posting I see the FP was done on a thrusday. So I understand that it need not be a Wednesday. Can you confirm this. Seems to be obvious one, but can you please confirm again. Thx.

No Title

I have different experience.. PD September 1998 (India - EB2). RD 10/04/1999, ND 10/14/1999. FP received Feb 10th. FP was schedulefd for FEB 28th in Moneta, VA.
I went there this wednesday (10/20/2001). First they were reluctant to take FP prior to the scheduled date. But when I requested by saying that I will be travelling abroad, they agreed to take the FP. Officer who took my FP was nice. He told me that even if we take FP before the scheduled date, we will send it only after the actual scheduled date. He told me that he will kepp my FP in file and send it on Feb 28th. As I had no option and the FP center was 4 hours drive from my home, I had given FP on 10/20/2001. But I think it could be risky.. I am still worrying \'what will happen if they forget to mail my FP as it will be sitting in different file\'. Anyway I am going to call them on Feb 28th and confirm that they mailed my FP. So my suggestion is to avoid taking FP prior to scheduled date.

Also one question, the officer told me that the FPs will ber first sent to Nebraska INS, then it will go to DC for FP check and then finally it will go to Vermont. Is it a normal process or just specific to this perticular FP center. And how long this entire process will take. My FP was manual (on paper).

Vinayak