Can I file my green card petiton , category EB1 outstanding researcher

sr_immi

Hi,
My employers are not makeing any progress in applying for my greencard.
I am a researcher, and would like to go ahead with applying for the green card in the category - EB1 outstanding researcher.
Can I file the petition? If yes, what are the details I need to collect from the employer? The employer is ready to provide me with required letters and stuff.

If it is necessary for the employer to file the petition, what can I do?

Please help me.
Thanks.

Qualification Chart
Outstanding Researcher or Professor (EB1-2)

Be internationally recognized as outstanding, have a minimum of three years of experience teaching or researching in the area, be entering the U.S. in tenure or tenure track teaching or comparable research position at a university or other institute of higher education, or a company with at least 3 full time research employees.

The alien must provide documentation from at least two of the following six groups:

1. Documentation of the alien's receipt of major prizes or awards.
2. Membership in associations which require outstanding achievements.
3. Published material in professional publications/journals written by others about alien's work.
4. Evidence that the alien participates as a judge of the work of others.
5. Evidence of the alien's original scientific or scholarly research contributions to the field.
6. Authorship of scholarly books or articles in journals with international circulation in the field

What you need to attach with the I-140 form:

Resume
Copies of all degrees & transcripts, if available
Copies of passports & I-94 cards
Copies of prizes or awards, or patents. The more colorful & detailed these documents can be, the better. If information about patents is included, it should be detailed enough for a non-expert to understand
Copies of publications, if applicable
Reference letters from colleagues, other professors/researchers in your field discussing your capabilities and contributions to research and/or teaching
Employer letters documenting 3 years of teaching or research experience
Evidence of membership in scholarly or professional groups

And Last: HIRE A COMPETENT ATTORNEY. Most attorneys are expensive but it is worth it in the long run. The higher your category, the more the applications get scrutinized.

EB1 outstanding researcher

Dear Sr immi

I got my GC approved using EB1 OR category recently without any RFEs.

As XYZ has said, you need all or atleast few of them for your case to be approved without RFEs.

My suggestion;
I would create a new folder (GC);
Sub folders for
(i) publications (Make list of your publication with newest paper first .. and download all the online copies of your papers; You need only the first pages of your publications where your name appeared).
(ii) Citations (You can search on the web about your paper referred by others; there are lot citation index website such as ISI knowledge etc... and even journals itself.
(iii) Try to get recommendation letters from professors/Scientist from different continents (it is better to get from US, Europe, Asian countries) atleast more than 6.
(iv) If you are referee for journals, try to find all the requests from journals asking you to be reviewer.

You can keep creating subfolders which you feel that it is a credential for your case. Sometimes, a small paper will be more effective.

You have do all this before your employer can write a cover letter supporting your application.

An attorney will help you in arranging all the paper work in professional way. However, you have start collecting all the material.

best of luck.