Can I file multiple Labor applications with the same company?

venu23

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I used to work for a company A in California. I filed for Labor through this company in California.

Now this company A got acquired by company B, which has it's headquarters in Pennsylvania. The lawyer at company B told me that my Labor processing will continue in California without the need to refile. I have the following questions:

1) Can I file for Labor in Pennsylvania while we are still based in California?

2) If yes for 1, do I have to withdraw my case in California before applying in Pennsylvania?

3) Finally, if I can apply in Pennsylvania, are there any rules regarding relocation?

Thanks in advance,
Venu

I think you can file another LC in new state. But LC is PA is being processed much slower in CA.

I have the same problem as you have, except that the lawyer of my company told me I have to refile my LC in new state. However, I checked with several other lawyers and they all told me it is unnecessary to refile, although they have different suggestions on how to proceed to file 140 and 485 using the old LC. Some said the payroll is a problem, and some didn't. So did your lawyer talk about anything about how to proceed? Thanks.