Can I file I-485 on my own? Attorney is delaying..

GC-SVK

Registered Users (C)
Folks - Can I file the I-485 and I-765 on my own or do I need to compulsorily do this through an attorney? My company's attoney is swamped with applications and will not tell me how long it will take him to file my I-485. I do not want to be cut-off if there is a mid-month retrogression in July (esp. for India).

Has anyone filed I-485 on their own and shre their experience on the pros and cons of filing I-485 on my own vs. using an attorney? Could there be problems in future if I file on my own and there is an RFE later?

Thanks in advance!

Folks - Can I file the I-485 and I-765 on my own or do I need to compulsorily do this through an attorney?

You do NOT need an attorney. You'll need to down the I-485, I-765, I-131 and G-325 from the USCIS web site, and fill them out. Ask us if you have any questions.

Could there be problems in future if I file on my own and there is an RFE later?

Depending on the RFE, you can either answer it yourself or retain a lawyer at that point.

File I-485 by yourself

My own experience: make some research on this portal to find out the minimum required support documents and File yourself, if you see any hesitation to do it from the attorney. You do not need an attorney to file I-485. Do it mow today !!