Can I file AOS in California while my I-140 is approved by Texas

amu485

Registered Users (C)
I have been living & working in California..As my Corporate office is in Texas, they have filed my labor & I-140 in Texas. My I140 is approved now. I want to file my 485-AOS in California. Can I do that? Any risks? Anybody out there who did this?

No Title

you can file for AOS in california. IT can be filed from area of residence or from the centre where I140 was approved

amu485,

I did this, my company heardquaters is in Texas and I work in CA. my I140 was approved in Texas and my I485 filed in CA in june 2001. I\'m waiting for approval at anytime. you should be fine, don\'t worry. good luck

do not waste time thining about this. Apply in CSC fast.

I had my I-140 approved in VSC, my corporate office is in VSC.
I applied AOS in CSC.
I almost wasted one month thinking about this, I feel even one day earlier is worth applying.
I have talked to Rajiv Khanna about this. He suggested, me two things. One is I can apply in the Service center closer to your residence, second is you can apply in service center from where I-140 was approved.
I even read this forum of what people thought about this. Finally I applied in CSC.
option of CSC is money saver for me.
If I have to apply in VSC, I should take my medical tests only in the place where you applied your labor. Had to travel coast to coast for this, both for me and my wife. really money saver for me.I had this answer from Rajiv Khanna. But the people in the forum had done it differently. Anyway I would belive the attorney compared to the people in the forum.

So do not waste time in digging deep into this. I would say go ahead and apply in CSC.

Again I would always suggest to take the attorney advice.
Above is only my suggestion.

TIA
Pavan

Is it True

I have read this in this forum -- If you have got your 140 from one center (TSC, VSC, NSC)and if you apply AOS from another center(CSC), then the approval process gets delayed. The 140 file has to be transfered from the 140 approval center (TSC, VSC, NSC) to the AOS center(CSC).

I do not know if this is true.

Thanks

reply to amu485 and JustApplied

amu485 -
Yes like the earlier posts indicated you can apply for I-140 at one center and then apply your I-485 in another center. Specifically, your case is like mine. My I-140 was approved from TSC and my I-485 was approved on 3/14 at CSC. So, now you have tangible proof that it can be done. Also, CSC recently has been faster than the other centers even though the other centers are catching up fast. So, go with CSC for your I-485.

JustApplied -
It is true that your A-file has to move from the center which approved your I-140 to the center where you applied I-485. This file is requested by the I-485 center at the time of data entry. The total time it takes for you to get your FP notice to the time it takes you to complete FP and to the time it takes for your background check to be done is a 3 to 4 month window. Normally, the A-file should take much less time than that to get transferred from the I-140 center. So, there should not be any delay but there is that one extra loop and there is a small chance that your case will fall thru the cracks. But, there are enough checks in the INS fileroom to ensure that they follow-up in case they do not receive your A-file in a timely manner. Therefore, not a cause for any real worry.